Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

elf_1half
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Sep 2012, 4:10 pm

I'm sensitive to light though sunlight isn't really an issue for me. Sunglasses are a simple, socially acceptable solution (and it's better for your eyes anyway). I'm way more bothered by indoor lights, especially fluorescent, they are a huge problem for me and literally make me feel sick. They give me headaches, dizziness, fatigue and make me feel disoriented. They also make me squint and blink a lot. The worst part is they are everywhere and the only solution I have is a tinted lens, which is annoying to wear and only makes things somewhat better. I don't understand how other people aren't bothered by them, they make everything look distorted and make me feel like I'm walking around in a big bright fog.

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 6:02 pm

elf_1half wrote:
I'm sensitive to light though sunlight isn't really an issue for me. Sunglasses are a simple, socially acceptable solution (and it's better for your eyes anyway). I'm way more bothered by indoor lights, especially fluorescent, they are a huge problem for me and literally make me feel sick. They give me headaches, dizziness, fatigue and make me feel disoriented. They also make me squint and blink a lot. The worst part is they are everywhere and the only solution I have is a tinted lens, which is annoying to wear and only makes things somewhat better. I don't understand how other people aren't bothered by them, they make everything look distorted and make me feel like I'm walking around in a big bright fog.

For what it's worth, I'm bothered by them. The "daylight" ones seem a bit better, but the standard ones give me headaches, and, yes, they distort everything.
'

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder