Surreal and Psychedelic art - feedback wanted

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

kotshka
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 2:21 pm

I have recently been inspired to focus more on my art and I am producing far more than I have in the past. I'm getting encouragement from professional artists I know who say I'm talented enough that I could eventually even make some respectable money from my work. It's wonderful to have this kind of feedback, when I spent my whole childhood being told that "artist" was not a viable career choice.

So I've started a tumblr to showcase some of my experiments and hope for feedback. I'm not digging for compliments here. I'd just be happy to show others the work I have done and hope that it pleases someone. I'm certainly not ready to start selling my art just yet.

So if anyone is interested, I'd be honored if you'd have a look at my tumblr. I've been updating it nearly every day, so feel free to "subscribe" or check back now and then if you like the art.

-> Link to My Tumblr

Thanks a lot!

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 2:30 pm

I really like your pieces they remind me a lot of children book illustrations. They are lovely!

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 2:42 pm

They seem like illustrations of the Aspie world. I like them, they are pretty impressive :)

kotshka
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 2:53 pm

Wow, thanks guys! It's truly encouraging to get positive feedback (though of course I'm open to critique). I will definitely keep working. I have lots of ideas and am finally feeling like I have the skill to bring them to life.

dajand8
Raven
Raven

29 Sep 2012, 4:21 pm

very nice. you surely are talented and special.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 5:26 pm

i love the pulsating color-changing circles.

nokosage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Sep 2012, 10:09 pm

All of your pictures are wonderful and intriguing. I reached the bottom of the tumblr page still wishing that there were more to see :)

paddy26
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2012, 10:36 pm

They're really great.

kotshka
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 1:15 am

Wow! Thanks everyone! I'm overwhelmed. :) I've set aside most of today to do some work. I have to draw all of the "rules" comics for my school - I'll add them there as well when they're ready, then when I'm done with that I hope I'll have the energy to do some painting/drawing. I also hope I'll have some time to work on some digital art I've been planning. So if you like my stuff, do check back sometimes, because there will definitely be more coming!

kotshka
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 2:51 pm

I've just added a few short VJ sample clips to the tumblr. These were created by filming trees blowing in the wind (which I find incredibly beautiful and could watch for hours) and then modifying the video in the Resolume VJ software. If you're not familiar with VJing (and I know many are not, especially in the USA), the video is heavily filtered and modified to suit the music and create abstract effects. I'm really very pleased with the way these look and look forward to using them for live shows.

What I would really like to know, though, is whether others on the spectrum find these images as beautiful and soothing as I do. I was on the verge of a meltdown earlier and watching some of this work set to Massive Attack music for about half an hour brought me back to a completely peaceful state. Does it have a similar effect on you guys? Or is it just my own personal coping mechanism? I am genuinely interested.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 1:44 pm

I liked the first one and the tree. The first one was like some double personality, or duality type thing that struck with me. The tree looked untidy and neat at the same time.

I found the video of colors changing a little mesmerising but prefer the photos and the drawings.

I have some on paper that I could one day scan. But my stuff is very graphic, but there is one I did once of a song that is odd.

charlulz
Raven
Raven

14 Oct 2012, 3:06 pm

I love your drawings! Kind of reminds me of the drawings I do. The photos are great too.

pinktumbler
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Oct 2012, 11:43 pm

I am pretty high, and this really tripped me out