Buying games, and then never actually playing them.

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 8:36 am

Do you guys even have a Backloggery account? It actually helps you to reduce it.

I have a huge collection too...but recently I haven't been bothered buying games as I have stalled playing them.

Hopefully Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed gets me playing again as I loved the original.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 8:50 am

I brought the huge ass 150$ collector's edition for Guild Wars 2 yet now that the new WoW expansion is out I will probably never play it again. Ouch.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 11:01 am

NeueZiel wrote:
I brought the huge ass 150$ collector's edition for Guild Wars 2 yet now that the new WoW expansion is out I will probably never play it again. Ouch.

I think some of the collectors editions go a bit far with pricing. I got the Max Payne 3 one recently for just under £23 (think it was a miss-pricing). Crazy that this currently retails for £70+ normally as apart from the statue you get very little. I don't play WoW, but I do like the CE's they bring out. Always seem to be packed with goodies.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 2:05 am

TheDarkMage wrote:
You know you are a true gamer when:

Tross wrote:
I have a backlog of games in two languages now, instead of just one. :roll:

Don't flatter me. I personally think that anyone who's dedicated to their hobby as a gamer is a true gamer. Besides, if I was truly fluent in Japanese, I wouldn't need my dictionaries and computer by my side. :oops: I just have a certain curiosity when it comes to videogames. I can enjoy games from a variety of genres and I'm always up for trying new and different kinds of games. I have a certain fondness for cult classics and games with a history behind them, and I don't care too much about graphics, as long as I enjoy whatever I pick up. I tend to have certain

The thing that makes the Japanese psn fascinating to me is the fact that I haven't heard of most of those games before, let alone played them, and I tend to be especially curious about games and series that have not, and never will be released in NA or even EU. I wouldn't call myself an importer, since I'm not the type to go out of my way to acquire games from different regions, and figure out how to play them in my region. Given my experience when I ordered Last Window: The Secret of Cape West, I doubt I'll bother much, if at all, with importing physical copies of games. But, psn is different. All I need to do is acquire psn card codes from one of various sites that deal with that sort of thing, crunch some numbers so that I will use all of it, and I can download and play whatever I want. With that said, I understand why some people get really into importing, and I see no reason why games and systems need to be region locked in this day and age. The ease of accessing regional content is just one more thing to love about my ps3.

The psp is also region free, but copying content from another account over to my system changes the account activation, and locks out content from my NA account, which is total bs, but minis and smaller games are really helpful in switching the account back and forth. I haven't bought any psp games from another region though, and won't play anything on it if I don't have to, though it seems to be the only way I can play a ps1 classic from EU. I have no idea how the vita works with stuff from other regions, but I'm going to assume it's similar to the psp.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 12:32 pm

I tend to do this with certain games I buy for handheld systems like the Nintendo DS or 3DS. I often will play through handheld games much slower than ones for console systems. For example, I just got through "Kid Icarus:Uprising" on the 3DS even though I bought it about six months ago.(usually not quite that slow)

Anybody else often play through handheld games much slower than console games on the HDTV?

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

08 Oct 2012, 9:58 pm

This describes me pretty well. I can begin a game, then another one, but not finish either of them.