Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 11:56 am

I wonder if there is some good economic simulation as "Captalism 2" or similar

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 5:57 pm

Patrician 3 Rise of the Hanse and Patrician 4 might be what your looking for. Albiet the game is a mix of trade/economics and city building.

They have realistic supply and demand mechanics. And your trading company has a direct impact on the prosperity of the medieval towns you operate in around the Baltic and North Sea. I personally prefer 3 over 4 even if its not as modern looking.

There is a more action orientated game by the same developers based in the Caribbean called Port Royale 2 and 3 that are more easier to get into but have similar economic mechanics at work. 3 is probably the better of the two but they arn't that much different apart from graphics.

X3 Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude has an interesting and complex economic model (with actual AI run traders who are competing in the same market as you) but it happens in the context of it being a space simulator game with a background lore. You can build up a large mercantile empire constructing your own space stations and complexes and own a vast array of ships in the process. Not really everyones cup of tea I kinda have a love/hate relationship with the series because I think its a game that can't make up its mind whether its an Elite style space sim or a trade empire management game.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 5:57 pm

This is a nice summary of Patrician 3

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fceTaWXfQ-8[/youtube]

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 1:48 pm

Laz wrote:
Patrician 3 Rise of the Hanse and Patrician 4 might be what your looking for. Albiet the game is a mix of trade/economics and city building.

They have realistic supply and demand mechanics. And your trading company has a direct impact on the prosperity of the medieval towns you operate in around the Baltic and North Sea. I personally prefer 3 over 4 even if its not as modern looking.

There is a more action orientated game by the same developers based in the Caribbean called Port Royale 2 and 3 that are more easier to get into but have similar economic mechanics at work. 3 is probably the better of the two but they arn't that much different apart from graphics.

X3 Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude has an interesting and complex economic model (with actual AI run traders who are competing in the same market as you) but it happens in the context of it being a space simulator game with a background lore. You can build up a large mercantile empire constructing your own space stations and complexes and own a vast array of ships in the process. Not really everyones cup of tea I kinda have a love/hate relationship with the series because I think its a game that can't make up its mind whether its an Elite style space sim or a trade empire management game.

I installed X 3 terran conflict but video dosen't work

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

06 Oct 2012, 3:05 pm

Hey,

I think you may like mount and blade, It's economical like that and you get to be INSIDE the action rather then control it from up top. This is how I like it anyway :/ Here's a youtube video of it:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/gc_5NipJa1o[/youtube]

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 11:24 am

Mount and blade mods add some more interesting economics compared to the base game but its not really meant to be the main part of it

Mount and blade 2 is meant to add a more complex system though when it comes out (its in development atm)