Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

anne1990
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Sep 2012, 1:31 pm

I don't know if this is the right topic.. I am new here so.. :oops: Oh and English isn't my native language so sorry if I make many mistakes .. :oops:

Something weird happened a few years ago. I have to say that I had anorexia and things didn't go really well that time.
I was in a clinic for eating disorders but it was weekend so I was at home.
Suddenly I got really scared. I went with the bus to a friend of mine, but in the bus I felt unsafe and I didn't know why. Later that day I felt more and more anxious.
When I came home I heard something bad had happened in our country, it was on the tv.. people died. I got more scared.
I went to bed early because I wanted to sleep, so i could stop thinking and panicking.
The next day I was even more scared. And I just didn't know why. It was so strange..I wasn't able to eat (didn't had to do with my eating disorder) I wasn't hungry at all, I felt so bad. I also didn't dare to talk to friends or other people beside my mom.
What I wanted to do was to lay in bed all day.. and that was what I did.
It was like my fear was getting bigger and bigger every minute..and I didn't even know where I was afraid for! How weird is that?
I think this whole thing took about 3 days. I got so sick of it that I called my pscyhiatrist and he gave me valium, which really worked.

He thought that maybe this all had to do with switching medicine. Before all this , I went from 2 prozacs to 3, so perhaps 3 was just too much for me, I don't know..

However, even though this is years ago, sometimes I am still wondering what this could have been . Could it have to do something with autism? At that time, I didn't know I had autism.

I never had an experience like this anymore, and I hope I will never ever have one..because I was SO scared, I just can't describe it.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 4:55 pm

A lot of Autistic people have overactive empathy. Maybe you were feeling overwhelmed by empathy for the people who got hurt and died, many of whom were probably afraid.

KaminariNoKage
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Sep 2012, 5:03 pm

This might be the most bizarre response ever, but things like this happen to NT's as well. You mentioned something bad happened in your country - and you sensed it. Kind of an odd psychic phenomenon. You will sometimes hear about a one friend who was thinking about someone, then suddenly receive a call from them. Or someone is really upset about something, and they suddenly get a text with an encouraging message. Animals get it too, though in a different way - my birds for example once panicked over a 5.0 earthquake that happened 100 miles away.

Supposedly, this sense can be super heightened in Auties and Aspies (because we are either hypersensitive or hyposensitive) - but because we generally have difficultly processing "the world around us", we are mostly unconscious of it, or shut it out. But of course, there is always coincidence - and things like this can come off as highly suspicious. But believe what you will.

anne1990
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Oct 2012, 3:19 am

Thanks for your responses!

But I had these feelings before this bad thing had happened in my country. Only when I heard the news on television I got more and more scared.
Do you mean i kind of felt it before it actually happened? Sorry haha I just don't know how to ask this in proper English :oops:

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 8:04 am

Maybe your nervous system was just weakened because of your bad eating habit and the stress level has boosted your anxiety.
There are many logical explanations.

anne1990
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Oct 2012, 12:18 pm

hmm, yeah, guess there are more possibilities...Thanks anyway :)
It doesn't matter anymore but now and then I'm still thinking about it because it was such a strange experience.