Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Does OkCupid give you matches that seem to have compatible personalities?
Mostly 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Some of them 60%  60%  [ 9 ]
Few 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 15

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 6:26 pm

What are some questions that could help people who have AS or who are introverted, socially awkward, eccentric, nerdy, more logically intelligent than emotionally intelligent, etc., get better matches? I want to add some questions to the site.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 6:33 pm

99% match with current dude
I answerd a lot of political questions and relationsip questions
quantity is what makes a difference, just answer a bunch when you're bored

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 6:39 pm

I had 99% with a guy once. Both of us answered a lot of questions. Our interests were very similar but our personalities were very different. Both introverts, but he was very cold. I'll never understand that 99%

Last edited by BanjoGirl on 30 Sep 2012, 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 6:40 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

I think that depends on the person. Many of the questions are very mainstream, and for a person who has things that are important to her that are outside of mainstream concerns, the questions that exist may not be adequate.

For example, I have answered over 2100 questions, and my #1 match (99% match) does not seem like an excellent match.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 6:44 pm

starkid wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

I think that depends on the person. Many of the questions are very mainstream, and for a person who has things that are important to her that are outside of mainstream concerns, the questions that exist may not be adequate.

For example, I have answered over 2100 questions, and my #1 match (99% match) does not seem like an excellent match.

yeah, it varies
I think it's just to give you suggestions
I had other high % matches that were only suggested to me because they were liberal

the match% doesn't do a good job with unique concerns because it relies on people answering the some questions

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 6:47 pm

I've noticed a trend for my own matches.

90-100% match range: Almost identical to me, typically work in the science/engineering field.
80-90% match range: Same as above, but usually drug users (including pot). This is a dealbreaker for me.
70-80% match range: Almost identical to me, not drug users, but work in the fine arts fields. I typically have better responses with these women than any others.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 7:12 pm

starkid wrote:
What are some questions that could help people who have AS or who are introverted, socially awkward, eccentric, nerdy, more logically intelligent than emotionally intelligent, etc., get better matches? I want to add some questions to the site.
i like that my matches dont drink or smoke (or just do it socially). I have never drunk before or smoked...although a girl im going on a date with texted me and said she was pissed this weekend....(as in drunk)

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 9:18 pm

I preferred to chat with those who answered at least 300 questions. My BF was only 70% match so when we chatted I asked about his questions and he over analyzed most like me but could defend his answers intelligently and that's what sparked my interest in him. The user tests we matched up better. Most 90% in my area were snobs or scared off because I'm a single mom. I never told them my kids are older and I have most time to myself but it weeded the the incompatibles out.

I answered way too many questions and went back and filtered what I felt were important or deal breakers. I would suggest to anyone only answer those that relate to your personality instead of the norm.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 11:44 pm

I tend to just answer whatever one is next in line, over a thousand so far....

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 11:52 pm

i think i did 100 just for the checkpoint. i found them rather tasking

Logan5
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2012, 2:59 am

Buried in OkCupid's vast archive of questions is one that asks, "Would you consider dating someone who was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome?", and another that asks, "Would you consider dating someone with autism?". There are also similar questions for broader categories like "mental illness", "disabled" and "learning disability", as well as specific conditions that often co-occur with autism, such as ADD/ADHD, depression, OCD, and social phobia. Finally, there are questions that sound a lot like AS-type behaviours or traits.

Unfortunately, answering those questions and giving them high importance ratings is unlikely to alter your match % scores because so few people have answered those questions. In addition, in order to get to those questions you will have to wade through hundreds of other questions, many of which I thought were irrelevant (so I skipped over them).

In general, I found that most people seem to put very little thought into their responses to the questions, and what they allow as an acceptable response by the other person. The end result is the "match", "friend" and "enemy" percentages are of limited use.

A_floating_moon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2012, 3:01 am

I think I did a couple thousand. The more questions answered, the more accurate the result. But, you also have to put weight on the right questions (mark the right ones as important and mandatory) and avoid questions that will give you a higher match percentage with most everyone. For example, if there's a question that no one in their right mind is going to answer "yes" to, then don't bother answering it. It'll just possibly give you a higher match percentage with everyone, I think.

But the personalities don't necessarily match. Lifestyle doesn't necessarily match either. The matches with 95+% seem to match pretty close in life style and personality. The 70-89 for me seem to match in maybe one thing but not another, and some of the matches in this category still have traits that are "deal breakers" for me like being morbidly obese or something. Really, if I mark something as mandatory on my profile, it should count for a lot more. Anyhow, okc isn't perfect....

If you could submit time-sensitive questions, I think you'd have a better chance at matching with someone that's into the same stuff and may have a more similar personality, but of course you can't do that. I look at every decent looking person 80 and up anyway.

Vatnos
Raven
Raven

02 Oct 2012, 9:35 pm

I have found that the match percentage increases the probability of someone being compatible, but does not guarantee it. And at the same time, doesn't rule them out if their match percentage is low. I usually look at the unacceptable answers. Outside a handful of unacceptable answers, I'm pretty flexible about everything else, so I've put the utmost weight on those. If we match on those, we're in pretty good shape.

If they didn't answer any of those questions, then they're going to be a big question mark when I meet them, even if our match percentage is otherwise very good.