Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 8:45 pm

Whenever the subject of aspie/autistic characters in film and in TV comes up I always want to mention this -but i always forget the name of the show and of the character.

So here it is- my contribution to the population of alledged aspies of TV land: the little boy named "Brick" in the TV sitcom "the Middle".

Its a show about a lower middleclass couple in the midwest trying to raise their three kids in the burbs. Pretty funny and good show.

The youngest is the odd little gradeschool boy named "brick" who is socially awkward- who has exactly one friend- even geekier than himself. He has odd savant-like skills like a photographic memory.

So. Brick- aspie or not?

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 2:35 pm

He's my favorite character on the show! I'd say he is. I would've been his friend when I was a kid and made him look like the normal one. :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 6:27 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
He's my favorite character on the show! I'd say he is. I would've been his friend when I was a kid and made him look like the normal one. :lol:

damn!

I needed you myself when I was his age!

EmeraldGreen
Toucan
Toucan

11 Aug 2014, 7:17 pm

He's got to be!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbXWrmQW-OE

KikaCoqui
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Aug 2015, 10:14 am

They're such lazy parents, the mom said in one episode that they just never got around to getting him diagnosed; but I would say he is definitely an Aspie, and my favorite on that show.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2015, 8:30 pm

Brick is my favorite TV Aspie. As much as I enjoy Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang, I find Brick to be a more realistic portrayal.

murmillo99
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Aug 2015, 10:14 am

I mentioned Brick in a previous thread as a positive alternative to cartoon autistic characters. Sheldon on "Big Bang Theory" is funny but negative. Also the wiki page says his creators didn't set out for him to be autistic, just "Sheldoney". Tom Hardy's character in "The Drop" or even the wife in the movie "Up" would be better examples than Sheldon because some of his behavior is very crass