Anybody looking forward to any upcoming vid games?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SeigiCitadel24
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Oct 2012, 10:06 pm

I got Assassin's Creed III and Far Cry 3 pre-ordered and looking forward to seeing both games on Australian shelves this month and November. I absolutely love the entire storyline, having played from AC 1 to Revelations, tough have not played any of the titles that came on handheld consoles. Also looking forward to 2013 releases like Watch Dogs, and Ryu ga Gotoku 5 (known in the West as Yakuza 5), if SEGA is going to localize the game from Japan. :)

Quite suprised and a bit annoyed to hear that 5 years after its official release, Mass Effect 1 will be coming to PS3 as part of a trilogy set or standalone purchase on PSN.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 12:08 am

SimCity and Sims 3 Seasons XD
Besides that, I'm working on getting enough money for Sleeping Dogs, and playing some of my other games that I can't play without the graphics card that's coming in the mail XD

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 1:35 am

I wish I could say I was, but lacking a job I really couldn't get a lot of them anyway. The only one I know I'll be playing for certain is Halo 4, and that's only because a friend pre-ordered a separate copy for me. Even then I don't know if I'll be playing multiplayer or not because I don't know if I'll have Live by then.

That said, there are games that I would like. It's probably far off, but the trailer for Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes had me excited. I'd love to be able to afford a WiiU right off and get some of the games(not sure if they'll all but at launch) such as ZombiU, Tank tank tank!, Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3, maybe Batman: Arkham City, etc. I was interested in Dishonored, but it seems as if it's not meeting some expectations. I enjoyed the other two Bioshock games, but it seems like Infinite has fallen off the face of the earth.

Would also like to catch up on games that have already been released. Didn't enjoy Oblivion, but Skyrim looks a million times better and I might be able to download it through file transfer. Wish I could play Saints Row the Third. MGS4 would be nice, but I'd need a PS3 for it. Borderlands 2 looks a lot more enjoyable than the first.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

SeigiCitadel24
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Oct 2012, 5:12 am

I've played MGS4 and I actually enjoyed it due to the great arsenal of weaponry to choose from, as well as the costumes and other features of the game and yes I own a PS3. Bought one just for my interest in Japanese video games that get localized. Yeah, I don't know how good Dishonored will be, apart from seeing what you can do.

Another game that most people are looking forward to would be GTA V. Checked out the screenshots Rockstar showed to the gaming public and... I must say, WOW! A lot more real looking than it's predecessor GTA IV.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 6:03 am

the new X-Com.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 7:28 am

Persona 4 Golden for me.

I got Persona 3 Portable on the VITA when it first came out (VITA release, P3P is PSP) and it was easily one of the best games I've played xD. I've gotten some other games of the MegaTen franchise since then, but P4G is still my most looked for xD.

I think it's 11/11/12?

Species5618
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Oct 2012, 8:15 am

Oodain wrote:
the new X-Com.

Me too, but then the *other* new X-Com... Xenonauts (http://www.xenonauts.com/)

It's an indie game developer that is remaking X-Com while trying to stay true to the original game mechanics. The UI and graphics have been brought up to modern standards and there are plenty of small additions to the gameplay, but the core remains the same. Unlike the Firaxis X-Com remake, which unfortunately tries to simplify some of the things that made the original great.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 8:23 am

i already played both,

xcom as a demo and i paid for xenonauts, the xenonauts AI, hwile a work in progress sint really that impressive.

there are tons of remakes and they all have their plusses and minuses, many lack features as well, so in balance i find the firaxis demo to be about as enjoyable as some of the full remakes out there

(though not as good as xenonauts an ufo alien invasion, the full game might on balance be better than either)

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 8:50 am

Many, although most of them are a year or so away, if not longer.

Pokemonfreako1
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Oct 2012, 12:32 pm

South Park: The Stick of Truth, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, and I'm looking forward to getting a Wii U.

Duncan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2012, 6:28 pm

Sim City.... I'm slowly building a custom PC to play it :P

JockGitJnr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Oct 2012, 9:13 pm

Surprisingly not. I was a few years ago but with the recent disappointments I think I have given up on games. Luckily there are plenty of retro games to play.

Shishka
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Oct 2012, 5:12 am

I have pre-ordered both Assassin's Creed III and Dishonored. Can't wait :D

younginflavor18
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2012, 12:38 pm

The game I'm looking forward to the most is God of War: Ascension for the PS3 and which will be the prequel of all the games in the series.

Last edited by younginflavor18 on 09 Oct 2012, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 6:37 pm

Assassin's Creed 3, Playstation Allstars, God of War Ascension, and LittleBigPlanet Karting...and if I ever get the Vita, Paperthin.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 8:28 pm

ebec11 wrote:
SimCity and Sims 3 Seasons XD
Besides that, I'm working on getting enough money for Sleeping Dogs, and playing some of my other games that I can't play without the graphics card that's coming in the mail XD

Sleeping Dogs is actually pretty cheap on the PC. I came across it the other day for £10, but I'm not in a rush to play it yet. Only new releases I'll be looking forward to trying is Playstation Allstars and LBP Karting. Wouldn't mind having a new FPS to play but they have become rather stale.