I tend to correct people (grammar etc.) Is this AS related?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

analyser23
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Oct 2012, 12:56 am

I have definitely read that being pedantic is a trait associated with AS. I have this myself. Also ties in with being a perfectionist - all or nothing, right or wrong. Noticing differences in details. Rule based thinking, etc.

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2012, 11:47 am

I don't correct people because I don't want them to feel bad about it. For me it is not so important how correct their spelling is if I can understand their message. I used to get angry at people who tried to correct others because i found this habit a bit arrogant and rude. And I don't like others to correct me at anything.

Jacky
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Oct 2012, 1:14 pm

I do it a lot if correcting written texts for colleagues. Mostly these are rather complex scientific/medical texts. I often need to get the spelling and grammar basically correct before I can understand their message, even if it wasn't really that bad. I am a bit embarrassed about it, though.

Whether it's related to Asperger's: I don't know, my father, who is NT, also is pretty stringent on such things. When he was still working, he had to check the letters of his collaborators before they went out. Often half of the text was crossed out as they tended to write clumsy "administrative" language that no client had a chance to understand.