Anyone remember really embarrassing things from their past?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

balletnerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2012, 3:53 pm

I remember our school, having given a us a presentation that week on the importance of hard work and getting into university, took us to visit a soup factory.

The workers were all very friendly and were happy to answer all the questions the children had for them. Because at that time I was generally sullen and quiet, I didnt ask any questions so one of the female workers noticed and asked me whether I enjoyed the visit and would I ever be interested in working there. I said in a loud voice that I whilst I found soup production quite interesting that I would never work there as i thought it a waste of education.

Everyone went quiet.

I realised quite some time after we left to go back on the coach that I had really upset the soup worker lady.

I'm still not good at these sorts of situations but i know that loudly asserting your intellectual superiority (even if true) doesn't tend to go down well.

012sars210
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2012, 4:12 pm

The first time someone asked me on a date it was someone who I considered to be an obnoxious know-it-all. The first thing out of my mouth after he asked was, "I think I'm going to be sick." And when he didn't say anything, "Thank you for asking though." :oops:

Apparently I also couldn't tell when another guy was serious about asking me out. He "harassed" me for the first two months of school wanting me to go to homecoming with him. I thought he was making fun of me and kept saying "no" and "hahaha" and just brushing it off. When prom rolled around, he said something along the lines of "I know you weren't interested in going to homecoming with me at the beginning of the year but I hope that I might have grown on you enough that you'll say yes to prom?"

I told him I thought he'd been making fun of me and he was shocked. So. I decided to go with him because I thought that I should and I ended up saying about three things to him during prom and sitting in awkward silence mainly because I had no idea how to behave.

In college I had so many embarrassing moments that I don't even know where to begin, but the first one that comes to mind is when I didn't turn in an assignment on time. The professor held me back after class and asked what happened and I told him I'd have it to him by the end of the day. He responded with "that's fine, you're usually on top of things so it's not a big deal. Have a great night."

A normal person would have thanked him and walked away. I looked at him and said, "Do you want to know why?" And began the most convoluted story of how my printer ran out of paper and my internet didn't work and for some reason I couldn't find a USB drive but I really did it.

The LOOK I got after that. I was so embarrassed I just walked out and sat in the back of the class for the rest of the semester.

Just SO many awkward moments of me not knowing when to stop talking or not knowing how to interpret something or not knowing how people actually respond to things...And the funny part is, all of this happened YEARS ago but when I think about them it's as though it were yesterday and I get so upset all over again because I'm obviously not an idiot but for some reason I behaved like one. (And in the last example, made my professor think I WAS one, I'm sure...)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 10:23 pm

^^^
welcome to our cool club, 012sars210 :)

012sars210
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2012, 9:55 am

Thank you, auntblabby. :D

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 11:32 am

We were doing Mad Libs in class in 6th grade, right at the peak of my childhood bullying experience and the entire class had decided to make a really mean, horrible Mad Lib all about me. It was really cruel, but in spite of it, for some reason I found it hilariously funny, too. I laughed so hard I snorted like a pig really loudly through my nose, which just made it even worse, but I couldn't stop laughing even though I desperately wanted a dragon to fly into the room and burn them all to crispy critters--especially the teacher, who was just sitting there letting them do this to me.

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2012, 11:42 am

I have the uncanny ability to relive embarrasing or emotionally disturbing events from my life completely just by thinking of them. Im pretty sure I have complex PTSD actually as pretty much every day Im haunted by times when Ive been made to feel bad, its almost like a flashback when it happens. Its only ever the bad times I remember though, I can never seem to recall the good points in life.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2012, 12:45 pm

roccoslife wrote:
I have the uncanny ability to relive embarrasing or emotionally disturbing events from my life completely just by thinking of them. Im pretty sure I have complex PTSD actually as pretty much every day Im haunted by times when Ive been made to feel bad, its almost like a flashback when it happens. Its only ever the bad times I remember though, I can never seem to recall the good points in life.

Uh huh. I can easily remember embarrassing/bad moments in my life, but good memories don't often pop in my head.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 10:22 pm

When I was 6 or 7, I sagged my pants around my ankles so everyone could see my underwear on a dare. It was really embarrassing. I still can't believe that I did that 11 years later. I did a lot of stupid, embarrassing things when I was a kid.

monstermunch
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2012, 12:31 pm

I remember when I was about 11 or 12 I uncontrollably farted loudly in assembly at school. Normally I have always been the type to be able to hold them back but this time I had no control over it. I pushed up as hard as I could but it still came rushing out, being loud enough for everyone in the whole room to hear and it was everlasting. It was so loud that lucky nobody knew where exactly it had come from, even the people sitting next to me, so I got away with it. Also it didn't smell either. It was even funnier at the following lunchtime, when the kids in my class were talking about it and asking each other who it could have been and nobody suspected me.

Although nobody knew it was me, it's still an embarrassing thing to remember. :oops: