Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 9:50 pm

what's one of your biggest regrets? something that if you were to rewind time you would do differently? My biggest regret was going to Engineering School. It was very hard and worked my butt of for three years pretty much doing nothing but that and ended up dropping out. Now I have 30 thousands dollars in debt. Even worse, I could have gotten a full ride scholarship there if I went to FIRST robotics in highschool but I didn't go because someone made it sound less enjoyable then it actually was. What is something you regret and want to get off your chest?

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 11:01 pm

My biggest regret was quitting my job at the factory that I worked at in the Mid-Late 90s. Sure it's no longer in operation, but that's beside the point. The point is that I was too immature to appreciate what I had at the time, and I was pissed off that I went to a two year work experience programme so that I'd be trimming excess threads off garments and taping zippers with double sided tape, every single day from the day I've started there until the day that I quit that job. I didn't have a proper role model that I had anything in common with, and I was motivating myself not to be like this one overly sensitive colleague who didn't seem to have any ambition.

That job was pretty decent compared to the type of job I'm at now. I'd be happy to trim excess threads and tape zippers any day.

LadybugS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Oct 2012, 11:07 pm

My biggest regret is that I spent over 6 years of my life continuously wasting a whole lot of valuable time and energy trying to pretend I was happy in a really unhealthy relationship.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough... God knows we're worth it"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 11:10 pm

Not calling the cops when my brothers were out behind the garage dealing and doing drugs back in the late 1960s.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 11:17 pm

Going to an expensive private university. But given that they were one of very few schools offering the degree and curricula needed, I was left with little choice.

I also regret not seeing das Ich in concert prior to Bruno's baby and Stefan's health problems. I'll be surprised if they ever finish their last album (that was slated for release back in April). I guess I am far too cheap and freaked out by crowds of loud, annoying people.

What I regret even more is not entering the Armed Forces when I graduated High School. Now I cannot even run to save my life due to an injury that would have never happened to anyone else (how many people have large tree stumps hit them in the leg, breaking it?). :oops:

Last edited by CyborgUprising on 09 Oct 2012, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

kinako
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Oct 2012, 4:24 am

Losing my only true love back in the '90s, and it was my fault. I now realize that it was partly my AS in lacking the communication skills, and partly my BPD in lack of emotional control, plus the usual tween dumbshirt that we all go through. :roll:

I really, really wish I could undo that one Fall week. Biggest eff-up to date, and most likely helped empower my disorders rather than manage them. :?

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 4:59 am

I regret buying a house when I was too young. It limited my opportunities and set me on a course for failure that I am still on today. I have tried to get out of it numerous times but I can't seem to do it.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 7:42 am

Getting married. Both times. I didn't realize what was wrong with me at the time and thought I could just get over myself eventually. Instead I may have possibly ruined 5 additional lives, along with my own. Although 3 of those lives wouldn't have started with out me.

piroflip
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2012, 7:53 am

Well my biggest regret today is coming to this thread. :D

Curlywurly
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2012, 7:57 am

Getting involved with that woman.

Not pursuing various career opportunities that presented themselves (or more accurately failing to even recognise them).

BlackDwarf
Toucan
Toucan

09 Oct 2012, 10:53 am

My choice of university course :/ spent 3 years studying something I've lost all interest in.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 11:31 am

piroflip wrote:
Well my biggest regret today is coming to this thread. :D

Really? Get out of here! :lol: