Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 12:39 pm

From March to August, I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep at night, unless I was visiting family. In September (last month), that gradually disappeared, and I'm now at normal-for-me (go to sleep around midnight, get up around noon).

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 4:51 pm

Yep! 1AM is my typical bedtime when I have to get up and go to work the next morning, but if I don't have to get up early the next morning, I'll stay up until 2 or 3 am and sleep until 11am.

My mom recounts how she'd have to drag me away kicking and screaming from my Lego sets at close to midnight when I was little. :P

tensionheadache
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Oct 2012, 8:24 pm

since moving in with my partner I have gone to sleep at night, but my natural state is to wake up after noon and stay awake until three or four in the morning. I feel that I function far better with a nocturnal sleep schedule. even after crossing six time zones in a move I still find myself wanting to sleep during the day and be awake at night. I am a hypersomniac so I sleep a lot more than most people anyway. maybe it can be chalked up to being an adolescent but the daytime just isn't for me. even when I am tired after being awake all day, I find myself wanting to do more things and be more productive and active at night. but sharing a room with a man who goes to sleep by midnight puts a damper on that

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 9:08 pm

:lol: yeah I'm nocturnal.

Jinks
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2012, 9:09 am

I did do this for a while when I was able to. It's not something I could do when I lived with either of my parents because they would never have allowed it (eeither of them would have gone insane if I tried such a thing). But for the first year I lived by myself my waking hours were around 8pm-8am and the rest of the time I was asleep.

I think I fell into this routine because I was suffering from such severe anxiety and it meant I barely ever had to interact with anyone. The university I was at had a 24-hour library where I could use the internet and read so I spent every night there. I didn't go to any classes that year because I was suffering such severe difficulties, antisocial sleeping hours being only one among many of them. I consider it the lowest point of my life, and if any of you are doing this because of social avoidance, please try to find some help (I know exactly how hard it is to ask someone for help when the thing you need help with is anxiety about interacting with anyone, but it's even harder to try to work your way out of it alone).

Since then, it's not been possible, as I have needed to go to classes or my job. I still sleep a lot, though. It's normal for me to get up 12 hours after I went to bed. I have always had a difficult time getting roused in the morning and eventually crawling out of it and stumbling around the room.