Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 11:33 pm

I don't know why my wrist is hurting. I have some leftover compression wristbands, but they're not tight enough to really help (the wrists that wore them before me were a LOT bigger, I have teeny little wrists). Any ideas to make it go away?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 12:40 am

Is it possibly carpal tunnel?

You might want to see a doctor.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 3:37 am

Doctor's an idiot, and I can't change him. So yeah, NOT going to him.
I've tried doing the self carpel tunnel test thing I found on youtube, didn't seem to be it, but I'll try to use the computer less?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 3:56 am

ebec11 wrote:
Doctor's an idiot, and I can't change him. So yeah, NOT going to him.
I've tried doing the self carpel tunnel test thing I found on youtube, didn't seem to be it, but I'll try to use the computer less?

One thing that I've done that helped was to use a wrist brace when I sleep to keep my hands from flopping around.

The best wrist braces I've found are designed for rollerblading. They are comfortable to wear all night. I've also seen other wrist braces designed for rollerblading that weren't so comfortable.

I've been tempted to order a brace designed for carpal tunnel such as found here,http://www.ergocube.com/adpil.html, as an alternate.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 3:58 am

For what it's worth, I used to ride bicycles 3,000 to 5,000 miles a year. I quit because the carpal tunnel syndrome (if that's what it actually is) was horribly aggravated by the pressure I put on my wrists and hands on the handlebars. Much riding and it feels like my hands are no longer attached to the body.

Unfortunately, after not doing my 3,000 to 5,000 miles a year, I'm up about 80 pounds.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 4:02 am

Another thing that seems to help my hands is to climb ladders.

I'm in the process of moving back to the farm. We have a nice, tall windmill close to the house. I'm planning on climbing that nearly every day to help my wrists.