Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2014, 7:14 am

I've been thinking about watching this. Is it worth going through?

danothan24
Raven
Raven

22 Oct 2014, 6:03 pm

KyletheGhost, it's on Netflix, and I would highly recommend it...up through Season 4. In Season 5, they switched showrunners, and it definitely showed. Season 5 is still decent, but not as great, and I've heard horror stories about the latter seasons. Up through Season 4 is fantastic, and without spoiling anything, where it ends at Season 4 is such a powerful moment that I kind of wish they would have just ended it there.

If nothing else, at least check out Season 1. It's the most self-contained story arc, and if they had never made an episode after it would probably be looked back at as an all-time cult classic.

To the OP, yeah, I definitely have that reaction. Personally, I have no bloodlust (in fact I'm pretty squeamish with real gore), so I would never want to go down that path, but it's not hard for me to imagine. His inner monologues about not feeling like a real person, having to put on a mask, etc., are all things I relate to all too well.

I also was able to relate to Heisenberg (from Breaking Bad) really well....and to a slightly lesser extent, Chighur (sp?) from No Country for Old Men. Those trouble me a bit more, lol.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2014, 5:18 am

Thanks, danothan24. I don't have Netflix, but I can get it at the library.