Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Maerlyn138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2012, 3:15 pm

So i have know many people in my life and with Facebook been able to "friend" them again. But honestly when a person who is my friend/aquaintence leaves my zone of everyday functioning, I just forget about them. I have no desire to keep in touch with emails or phone calls. No desire to take trips to where they live to hang out. Once there are out of sight they are out of mind for me. I have a hard time staying in touch with extended family, because I kind of feel the same way about them. I have so much going on in my daily life that I don't have the mental energy to keep up with all thes people.

Anyone else feel this way about friends?

Aspie score: 159 of 200 NT score: 64 of 200

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2012, 2:09 pm

Yeah, I'm in high school and I have friends from the 4th grade who I still talk and hang out with.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2012, 4:32 pm

Yes, I have two friends that I have known for a long time, and a neighbor I have gotten along with for going on 14 years. I don't have many casual friends, but the friendships I do have tend to be very deep and intimate.

ReallyWTF
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Oct 2012, 6:07 pm

I can relate, and it's not like I'm a bad person or anything. I have a great heart, and I'm nice, but again just very overwhelmed with everyday life. Especially since I'm also a single father and I put my daughter first.

I recently decided to start using facebook months ago and glad I did, that's kind of a cool way to connect with family and friends who normally you wouldn't talk too. But I can definitely relate, but at the same time, I think I also have a complex of not wanting to get "too close" to anyone because it has been used in the past against me and taken advantage of my good nature as well as my possible gullibility for allowing it to happen, so that could also have something to do with it.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2012, 8:53 pm

I tend to get socially drained pretty easy, so most days I tend to only talk to my long term friends, and that is usually online or texting. I rarely ever get the desire to see friends either as I'm quite happy on my own. As long as I get some form of contact then I will feel socially fulfilled.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

13 Oct 2012, 9:51 pm

Yes, quite a few. A few people I have met in the 6 years of anime congoing have become close friends to me now.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."