Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 8:57 pm

So tomorrow is National Coming Out Day.

Are you out? To what degree are you out and who are you out with? Are there still people you need to come out to? Then tomorrow is the day to get it over with!

I'm out to most everybody. My parents know that I'm "not straight" but that's about the extent of that. I came out to them as a gay male a long time ago when that wasn't really the case (and made especially awkward when my partner came out as trans years later).

My dad is going to be home all day, and I plan on coming out about being agender and pansexual. I haven't figured out how I'm going to go about it, especially since it's hardly something people are used to hearing. Extremely nervous. Anyone have any advice? Any coming out stories you would like to share?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 10:36 pm

it's also the international day of the girl.

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 5:07 am

Those who need to know know

largosan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Oct 2012, 6:22 am

I'm considering coming out to my parents today, as liking men(Not gay, see next paragraph). Neither of my parents are anti-gay, but I have some reservations about coming out, because my mom is probably going to be overprotective if/when I do come out.

Also, I'm fairly certain that I am transgender at this point, and I'm certain coming out as trans would cause some significant turbulence, which is really the last thing my family needs right now, because my grandpa is in the hospital and no one knows whether he will die tomorrow or live 10 more years.

I probably will come out as liking men.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 8:21 am

Out.

(I needed the closet space.)

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 6:09 pm

Well unfortunately my ability to speak wasn't working, so I ended up coming out to my dad in the form of a somewhat long email. I know he saw it, but aside from "yeah" he hasn't said anything about it. He's been polite and such otherwise. So I'm not really sure how that went. He's not usually one to want to talk about things like that.

My dear Sir came out as trans on facebook and changed His name which was awesome.

All-in-all a pretty good Coming Out Day. I like this holiday better than Christmas (I typically end up working on Christmas).

Last edited by Rorberyllium on 11 Oct 2012, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Desukani
Raven
Raven

11 Oct 2012, 6:14 pm

I dont like to stir up turbulence or anything and I have never felt the need to out myself as pansexual to everybody. My immediate family knows that im "not straight" and my S.O. knows that I am pan sexual, other than that I would only feel the need to out myself if it was a future romantic prospect or a really good friend.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 6:27 pm

I have yet to come out as bisexual to my mom and my sister, just still waiting on my sister to give up being a homophobe and accept herself as bisexual.

About two years ago, I came out to one of my old HS psychologists and he wasn't all that surprised. :lol:

Even though today I went to school, overall a very good National Coming Out Day.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

23 Oct 2012, 11:12 pm

I'm already out (bisexual) but I'm thinking about exclusively dating just women atm. had too many bad experiances with the same sex and I'm fed up with it, Lol.