Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 2:38 am

Tonight,there was a Christmas play performed by the elemetary at my younger siblings' school. When the program was done,I was talking with one of my friends and her new boyfriend.I saw my Mom talking with some of her friends,but I didn't really pay attention to them.

One of the women walked up to me,a few minutes later and said,"Congradulations! You FINALLY have a boyfriend!"

I'm like,"What??? No,I don't."

She said,"But your MOM said you did."

I REALLY let my Mom have it when we got home. I said,"Why in the HELL are you telling people that I have a f***ing boyfriend!"

She yelled,"Because I WANT YOU TO! I DON'T WANT YOU TO BE A QUEER!"

She broke down,crying,and Dad came outside and told me to go to my room.

On my way to my room,my 15-year-old brother stopped me.

He said,"Casey(my family calls me by my first name instead of my second),WHY do you want to be gay?"

I was still mad,so I yelled,"I DON'T WANT TO BE F***ING GAY!I DIDN'T EVEN CHOOSE TO BE GAY! I JUST WANT TO BE WITH THE GIRL I LOVE! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!????"

He actually started CRYING.

He said,"Please,pray to God that you won't be gay anymore."

I said to him,"I refuse to pray to a god that I don't believe in."

God! My "family" is the stupidest,most judge-mental,most racist,most sexist,most selfish,and most homophobic people I have ever known! It is times like these where I want to kill them all in thier sleep.I fear that I will go completely insane if I live with them any longer.

My family blames thier problems on me and makes cruel jokes about me.AND they care more about the family reputation,rather than MY salvation or feelings.

-SpaceCase

Metabird
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Dec 2006, 2:51 am

...Welcome to the KKK state. I'd advise getting outta there at the first sensible chance that presents itself.

Really, I can't think of any suggestions to offer except keep an eye out and watch yourself; such lifeforms that share a part of your DNA do NOT seem at all trustworthy. (I refuse to call it a family, it deserves no such recognition nor respect.)

That and if you get an arranged boyfriend in a society like that, 10 to 1 it'll be a rapist; DO NOT play along or even pretend to in such a case.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 3:17 am

I can't believe they think you have a choice! What next - "Stop having AS, it's ungodly!".

Who you are is who you are, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Maybe in time they will get used to your sexuality? It takes some parents a long time to accept that their kids have grown up, whether they are straight or gay. Given that you live in a fundamentalist State, they might even be trying to protect you, in their own clumsy way.

Does your girlfriend visit your home very often? If your family become used to her being around then they'll eventually accept her and realise there's nothing to fear.

Metabird

12 Dec 2006, 3:22 am

Actually... I just thought of something; if you know any guys (preferably gay) around that are beyond the evolutionary equivelant of HIV or influenza, get yourself a fag-hag.

(Definition: A 'fag-hag' is a close, often homosexual friend who happens to be the opposite sex. One who has little to no chance of becoming sexually interested in you, largely due to orientation. This often allows for a platonic bond far closer and deeper than conventional friendships.)

Chrisesmom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Dec 2006, 4:30 am

Wow, I am blown away at some of the responses you have recieved on this board to your situation. Let me begin by saying I am a youth minister and I live in the state of MS. I am shocked at your blatant hatred and disrespect for those who birthed you and raised you just because they can not understand your life choices at the moment. It seems to me you are just trying shove your orientation down their throats and force them to accept it despite the fact that you seem well aware that their faith (which they have probably practiced all of their lives) does not condone a same sex lifestyle. Why can you not be patient? Maybe if you would just quit throwing it in their faces with time they might come to accept this in your life. Did you imagine that when you told them they would just throw their arms around you and tell you how happy they were for you?? If your are mature enough to come to terms with your sexuality then you should be mature enough to allow your parents the time they need to come to understand and accept this. Your discovery of your sexuality has been the destruction of a lifetime of their dreams, from the day you were born they have dreamt of your future, that future included a husband and grandchildren, for godsakes give them time to grieve. This is the death of a lifetime of dreams they had for you. You say they have no concern for your salvation, well do you? You are of the age of accountability, no one should be more concerned with your salvation then you, and if your not then why should anyone else be. As for your brother praying for you not to be gay any more it is not as ridiculous as it would seem. Don't Christians believe that if you are dying of a terminal disease that God can cure you and make you whole? They also believe God can make the impossible possible, so it stands to reason he can change the desires of your heart. I am not saying that you should change I am saying that it is resonable for your brother to believe that you could change through the power of God. Whatever your orientation is that is the least of your problems, your anger and rage at our parents is an issue that goes far deeper and one that you should take a much needed look at.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

12 Dec 2006, 5:09 am

Tell them if you could choose you would have choose to be gay. And if they pull the
religion crap. Tell them God is gay and proud of it. Yeah in a big city seems their would
be organizations that could help you.

Last edited by TheMachine1 on 12 Dec 2006, 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

12 Dec 2006, 5:13 am

Chrisesmom wrote:
Wow, I am blown away at some of the responses you have recieved on this board to your situation. Let me begin by saying I am a youth minister and I live in the state of MS. I am shocked at your blatant hatred and disrespect for those who birthed you and raised you just because they can not understand your life choices at the moment. It seems to me you are just trying shove your orientation down their throats and force them to accept it despite the fact that you seem well aware that their faith (which they have probably practiced all of their lives) does not condone a same sex lifestyle. Why can you not be patient? Maybe if you would just quit throwing it in their faces with time they might come to accept this in your life. Did you imagine that when you told them they would just throw their arms around you and tell you how happy they were for you?? If your are mature enough to come to terms with your sexuality then you should be mature enough to allow your parents the time they need to come to understand and accept this. Your discovery of your sexuality has been the destruction of a lifetime of their dreams, from the day you were born they have dreamt of your future, that future included a husband and grandchildren, for godsakes give them time to grieve. This is the death of a lifetime of dreams they had for you. You say they have no concern for your salvation, well do you? You are of the age of accountability, no one should be more concerned with your salvation then you, and if your not then why should anyone else be. As for your brother praying for you not to be gay any more it is not as ridiculous as it would seem. Don't Christians believe that if you are dying of a terminal disease that God can cure you and make you whole? They also believe God can make the impossible possible, so it stands to reason he can change the desires of your heart. I am not saying that you should change I am saying that it is resonable for your brother to believe that you could change through the power of God. Whatever your orientation is that is the least of your problems, your anger and rage at our parents is an issue that goes far deeper and one that you should take a much needed look at.

Yeah she should support her parents racist thoughts to.

Their is nothing wrong with being gay. Saying otherwise is a hate crime. Thats a fact.
Religion is not a fact!

JJ
Toucan
Toucan

12 Dec 2006, 6:00 am

Chrisesmom wrote:
Did you imagine that when you told them they would just throw their arms around you and tell you how happy they were for you??

I believe that is what they should have done for her, yes. Because if she is happy like that, then they should be happy that she is happy, and that is that.

'nuff said.

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 6:33 am

You can't take that seriously! And your mother doing that silly prank is just... lame. Don't ever think of changing their views. Christian extremes will never change their views, so MOVE OUT as soon as you can make a living! That is my best advice.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 6:55 am

Chrisesmom wrote:

I am tolerant towards everyone except bigots. You are a bigot.

SpaceCase hasn't lied to anyone. Her Mother has. Isn't that a sin?

I don't see any evidence to suggest that SpaceCase is "trying to shove [her] orientation down their throats". It sounds as though she is merely trying to be accepted as herself.

You talk of SpaceCase destroying her family's dreams. Surely the greatest dream of any parent is to see their offspring lead a happy life?

Just because someone has a same-sex relationship doesn't mean they are leading an immoral life. Indeed, given the enormous strain we are putting on our planet through overpopulation, it could be argued that gay couples are doing everyone else a favour, and are therefore automatically closer to salvation. She has as much right to heaven as anyone else. If she cheats or steals then yes, that's another matter. But to give someone a guilt trip like this, purely because they love someone of the same sex, is staggeringly intolerant. That's the same kind of intolerance that led Nazis to build concentration camps. Why does she deserve your hatred? What harm is she doing? And where is the kindness, acceptance and forgiveness in your pure Christian heart?

The only evil that SpaceCase needs saving from is you.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 7:06 am

I'd let you live with me, but I'm all the way in Western Canada.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 7:18 am

If only you could jump on a plane and come live with me. People are tolerant and understanding around here. There is no religious fundamentalism (not much religious influence full stop, to be honest!), the people are friendly and actually want to help you and there's miles of lush Lancashire countryside right at your front door. Oh, and you wouldn't get me trying to jump you, either. If you ever come and visit there's a free drink in it for you. :D

If you are able to, begin making plans to get out of that environment and to go somewhere a little more enlightened and less backward where people will be able to be help you. If you think that, given time, your parents will see some sense and accept you for who you are, great. If not: time to leave, I'm afraid. :)

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 7:59 am

Quote:
I am tolerant towards everyone except bigots. You are a bigot.

SpaceCase hasn't lied to anyone. Her Mother has. Isn't that a sin?

I don't see any evidence to suggest that SpaceCase is "trying to shove [her] orientation down their throats". It sounds as though she is merely trying to be accepted as herself.

You talk of SpaceCase destroying her family's dreams. Surely the greatest dream of any parent is to see their offspring lead a happy life?

Just because someone has a same-sex relationship doesn't mean they are leading an immoral life. Indeed, given the enormous strain we are putting on our planet through overpopulation, it could be argued that gay couples are doing everyone else a favour, and are therefore automatically closer to salvation. She has as much right to heaven as anyone else. If she cheats or steals then yes, that's another matter. But to give someone a guilt trip like this, purely because they love someone of the same sex, is staggeringly intolerant. That's the same kind of intolerance that led Nazis to build concentration camps. Why does she deserve your hatred? What harm is she doing? And where is the kindness, acceptance and forgiveness in your pure Christian heart?

The only evil that SpaceCase needs saving from is you.

Thank you for responding for me! My thoughts exactly.

The problem with the bible is that it has contradictions. It says do not judge and that al humans are equal of worth and then there is the "gay is bad" thing... What surprises me is that the latter is always chosen. It is in the nature of some humans to hate those who are different, and it is their task of a lifetime to supress or turn around this hatred to good. As mentioned, SpaceCase never hurts anyone with her homosexuality. It is love for Christ sake! And God is love!

tdbrown82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Dec 2006, 10:57 am

As soon as you graduate, I'd recommend getting the hell out of there.

Ganurath
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Dec 2006, 12:21 pm

I think the pro-parent party has already been shot down enough, aside from my previous statement in the other thread I posted in about how the Bible doesn't say anything against females being homosexual, only guys. In any case, I hope you're able to hold out until you can get out, SpaceCase.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 12:28 pm

Chrisesmom wrote:

Life choices? You kind of sound the same - its not a life choice, thats the problem they dont understand.

They did have dreams for her but guess what? Thats them being naive - she is her own independent self. If I ever have children, my dream is that they are happy and they don't go through this type of BS. Thats parenting. Time to grieve? She isn't dead. If Spacecase were to die tomorrow, they'd miss her, big time, and the last moments of her life were spent with her parents disrespecting her happiness.

If more people were accepting, people like Spacecase wouldnt be having the unneeded troubles she is having.