How to meet aspie girls and how to talk to NT girls?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you find it easier to relate to aspies or NTs
Aspies 86%  86%  [ 38 ]
NTs 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 44

musicaddict95
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Oct 2012, 6:18 pm

I'm a 16 year old aspie guy who's really into music, movies, video games, and playing guitar. I was just wondering, where can I go to meet aspie girls with similar interests? I've been in around 4 different aspie support groups (all guys). And I was really good friends with a girl who went to my school last year who was also an aspie. She was the only girl that I have ever been able to talk to without feeling nervous and we could both relate to each other really well. (She was obsessed with guys and music as well). But then she left this year and I've been having a really hard time with talking to other girls at my school. The most I'll say to them is hi or whats up.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

11 Oct 2012, 6:32 pm

I didn't vote. I find it equally difficult to talk to Aspies and NTs.

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 8:13 pm

I know that I will sound like Captain Obvious, but you're going to have to talk to NT girls just like how you talked to your aspie young lady friend. That's because you can only talk the way you talk.

Guitar playing is an advantage for you with women. That may be just enough to bridge the gap between awkward and cool. Just go for it. You can only be you.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 10:02 am

*rolls eyes* loser

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

12 Oct 2012, 1:34 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
*rolls eyes* loser

You should be careful, that could be viewed as a personal attack.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 5:03 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
*rolls eyes* loser

You should be careful, that could be viewed as a personal attack.

Nah, i just thought he sounded corny.
Probably shoulda out like a smiley face at that end of it as it was a joke.

musicaddict95
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2012, 7:46 am

I'm confused, who's the loser?

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2012, 2:00 pm

musicaddict95 wrote:
I'm confused, who's the loser?

directed towards OP.

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2012, 5:49 pm

OP, meeting other Aspies (especially girls) can be difficult, but just keep trying Aspie support groups.

Is there any way you could contact your friend who left? For example, Facebook?

muslimmetalhead wrote:
*rolls eyes* loser

Be careful about what you post, muslimmetalhead. I wouldn't have realised that it was intended as a joke, and I'd probably have taken offense to it. Try to remember that many people on the spectrum find jokes like those difficult to understand.

BenPritchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2012, 6:13 pm

Who is OP may I ask? :?

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2012, 6:18 pm

BenPritchard wrote:
Who is OP may I ask? :?

The term "OP" can refer to either the original post in a thread or the person who made the original post.

BenPritchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2012, 6:33 pm

Ah, thank you!

Muslimmetalhead, comments like that are quite hurtful. If you think it sounded corny I think you should keep that to yourself instead of calling him a loser and making yourself look bad in the process. Anyway if you really were an Aspie, I'm not suggesting you're not, you would know that speaking to women and furthermore courting them is quite a difficult process. I wouldn't know personally like :lol:

Sparrow40k
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jan 2013, 12:14 am

I'm 16 too and this may just sound silly or weird but I actually met my girlfriend threw Facebook!

I didn't even know but for 1 year she went to the same school as me when I was in year 8 and she was in year 7. I actually met her on Facebook and IRL last year but because of all the mutual friends we had in common and people that I knew I thought I must have known her from somewhere (turns out I didn't) and so I added her to my friend's list.
We basically started talking on chat straight away because she looked at my interest and I looked at her and they were pretty much the same. After talking for about a month we decided that we would meet up one day and organised it. I didn't know this at the time but since she was in year and moved away she is now about 50 minutes away and come all the way to where I said we should go (which was only around the corner from my house) just to see me!!

It was also the same day we met that I asked her out and she said no. My face went red and I was so scared! - then a few seconds later says Yes Of Cause!! Gave me a massive shock :P

After reading all that you may be wondering how this could ever help you. Maybe you could do something similar? I found it 100X easier at first before knowing her to talk on Facebook.

Hope this helps in some way, and if you need help about a certain thing or anything you can PM me

c0bo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jan 2013, 12:17 pm

Where is the neither option?

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 1:03 pm

c0bo wrote:
Where is the neither option?

NOWHERE TO BE SEEN

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 2:59 pm

Nor to aspies, neither to NTs. I am only myself, and I don't see why I should relate more to aspies just because I've been diagnosed with Asperger's or to NTs just because they're the majority.