Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Droo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Oct 2012, 9:40 pm

hi everyone

im wondering a few things and wondering if anyone can help from a kids point of view

how do you deal with being shy and having aspergers? sometimes i have a hard time talking to new people and stuff but really want to make more friends.

what do you do to calm yourself down if you're getting upset about some stuff?

who likes lego ninjago? haha

i know i'll think of more but for now thats cool.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

11 Oct 2012, 10:11 pm

Hello, Drew. :)

1. I make friends with people I can relate to. For you, that would be kids who share a common interest with you. Just keep trying, you'll get better at talking to people.

2. Try taking a few deep breaths and tell yourself not to get upset. You should let an adult you trust know when you're getting upset, so they can help you.

3. Ninjago? What's that?

helles
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 12:31 am

Welcome to WP (Wrong Planet)

I have two boys 9years and 12 years. They might have Asperger (or they might be close), but we do not know.
We are from Denmark, where Lego is made and they have lots of Lego, also Ninjago.

EMTkid
Toucan
Toucan

12 Oct 2012, 7:12 am

Hi. The best advice I can give you on making friends is to smile (learn to if you have to. Someone had to teach me to smile) and people will be more friendly. Not really sure why, just trial and error on my part.

I have a 7 year old son and a 13 year old stepson and they both love Ninjago

Droo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Oct 2012, 9:50 am

I love Ninjago! it must be cool to live by where they make Lego! send me some! ha ha!

It is hard to make friends because a lot of things I like to do the kids in my class don't really like. Sometimes they make fun of me for things i say because I use words that older kids would use, or things I like to eat, or things I like to wear too.

I have a way to help myself not get too upset when I have to do things I may not like to do. I will go in the other room, then think ok, what am I going to have to do even though I may not like it. Then I think what will I have to do to get it done. Then I just make up my mind to do it. It helps me a lot. I'm going to make a friendship type thread bracelet with three colors on it, one for each thing (3) and when I get upset I can look at my bracelet to remind me of the steps.

Thank you for the help so far! My Dad helped me type this one out, since I'm still working on typing. :oops:

Droo (smiling!) :)

helles
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 10:42 am

The land of Legoland :D
Here is the homepage of Legoland http://www.legoland.dk/en/ . My boys were there last year, If you and your family ever drop by Denmark you should go to Legoland (but be warned, it is much smaller than any of the American parks).

blueblood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Mar 2018, 3:19 pm

I LOVE Ninjago and the music in it and the whole thing and my favorite character is jay. also hi :D