MEN: What about taller women?

Page 4 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

JRR
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2012, 2:11 am

I wonder where the OP lives. It seems that 5'9" is almost the norm around Chicago.

But, to answer the question, I do not care about a woman's height one bit... except... except... the fact that it matters to most women. It matters a ton. It's a dealbreaker to most girls.

And, that doesn't bother me a bit. You can't change who you're attracted to. It is what it is.

But, at 5'8" myself, I recognize that reality and work with it. Even if I find a girl plenty attractive, I generally make zero effort unless she's 5'4" or under. Preferrably 5'2" or under. And, if she's taller than me, she's got to PROVE that she's not playing a joke on me.

Just look around you. You know what I'm saying is statistically true. I can count on one hand the number of lasting relationships I've seen where the guy was any bit less than 6" taller than her.

Mind you, I'd rather it not be this way, but after that not being a factor and being burned left and right for women even four inches shorter than me (got to wear those 4" heels, I know), I've got no other choice.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 4:12 am

JRR wrote:
I wonder where the OP lives. It seems that 5'9" is almost the norm around Chicago.

But, to answer the question, I do not care about a woman's height one bit... except... except... the fact that it matters to most women. It matters a ton. It's a dealbreaker to most girls.

And, that doesn't bother me a bit. You can't change who you're attracted to. It is what it is.

But, at 5'8" myself, I recognize that reality and work with it. Even if I find a girl plenty attractive, I generally make zero effort unless she's 5'4" or under. Preferrably 5'2" or under. And, if she's taller than me, she's got to PROVE that she's not playing a joke on me.

Just look around you. You know what I'm saying is statistically true. I can count on one hand the number of lasting relationships I've seen where the guy was any bit less than 6" taller than her.

Mind you, I'd rather it not be this way, but after that not being a factor and being burned left and right for women even four inches shorter than me (got to wear those 4" heels, I know), I've got no other choice.

Is 5'8" considered short where you live?
Reading this thread (and others, actually), I've noticed people seem to have wildly-varying concepts of what constitutes tall, short, and average...I wonder if there's a noticeable difference in height distribution based on different ancestries, in the West.

With the notable exception of a lone six-footer, I think the tallest man I've dated was 5'7" or so.

to his Interest."

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 7:05 am

In my city I am short, and I'm 5"9!! It's crazy here.
But yeah no tall women for me, thanks. Or at least, women taller than me.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 7:16 am

Uprising wrote:
Most of us men do want a taller woman, but can't get one sadly enough.

Do they have trouble reaching?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 1:29 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:

Why?

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 1:33 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:

Why?
I don't find it attractive? Just like some women don't like dating shorter men? I did give dating someone taller than me a try once.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 4:19 pm

equestriatola wrote:
Well....... we all know that almost invariably, the man in the relationship/marriage will be taller than the woman. However, every now and then the opposite will be true. So here's the thread to talk about that.
----
I am 5' 9", and there about only a small percentage of females that are taller than I am. It'd be awkward at first, but then I'd get used to it, so I wouldn't mind. :D

I'm 5'7, close to 5'8, and for a very long time now, and still do, I find tall women very attractive, hot, beautiful, gorgeous, thet do not emasculate me in anyway at all, now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that women have to be taller than me in order to date them, what i mean is that i don't really discrimate against height

JRR
Toucan
Toucan

15 Oct 2012, 4:35 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:
JRR wrote:

Is 5'8" considered short where you live?
Reading this thread (and others, actually), I've noticed people seem to have wildly-varying concepts of what constitutes tall, short, and average...I wonder if there's a noticeable difference in height distribution based on different ancestries, in the West.

With the notable exception of a lone six-footer, I think the tallest man I've dated was 5'7" or so.

Yes, where I live, 5'8" is considered short. Most women, if they're asked, have 6'0" as the bar, even if the woman is 4'10". But, it does vary. In Italy, I felt tall. In London, I felt average. In HS, I felt average. Not that any of it matters in anything except dating, but it is what it is. I do have to say it's particularly annoying coming across some midget girls who I'm towering over who thought I wasn't "tall enough" for "any chemistry", but whatever. I've found height distributions match up with people's ancestries fairly well.

Agent_Smirnoff
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2012, 6:09 am

I personally have never met a woman taller than I am (Somewhere between 6'4 and 6'5, haven't measured recently), but if I did I would be more surprised than intimidated.
As for a relationship, height doesn't particularly concern me.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 6:48 am

Where I live there is only tall people.

Average male height 1.84
Females 1.71

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 12:11 pm

I love tall women! :heart:

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 2:19 pm

I wish I was tall, or at least tallER.
My sister (adopted) is over 6 feet. She can gain ten pounds and you'd never know it.
I'm 5'1". I gain two, and my jeans won't fit. :?

to his Interest."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 2:41 pm

I tried dating women my height, and they all said they were looking for someone taller.

I'm 6 feet tall.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 3:36 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
My sister (adopted) is over 6 feet. She can gain ten pounds and you'd never know it.

but a woman's height does not really matter to me, i don't discriminate against height, but anyway, how tall are the tallest women on this site?

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 4:11 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:

but a woman's height does not really matter to me, i don't discriminate against height, but anyway, how tall are the tallest women on this site?

i think that is me. I am 6'4"

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 4:22 pm

Solvejg wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:

i think that is me. I am 6'4"

your a 6 foot 4 woman? awesome, where are you from?