Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 6:03 pm

Also not too bad. In some ways easier than ebay, a bit more socially intensive sometimes, but still less than a real job because after the deal is done, you don't have to talk to the person again. I've bought tons of things off craigslist, and I made $100 recently selling an old car transmission. Definitely not bad.

Tall_girl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jan 2015, 6:45 pm

I discovered CL personals 3 months ago after searching through the classifieds and posting an appliance for sale. I found most of the ads posted in M4W to be vulgar and the pictures offensive. However, at the time I was single and had been celibate for 4 years and was losing hope of finding my Mr. Right. So, out of curiosity I posted because unlike other sites, it was free to post and free to send/receive messages. Yes, I was bombarded by desperate men, Johns, cheaters, even a couple of sex offenders and I was convinced this was not the site for me. So, just before I went to delete my ad I got an email from a guy, who send a nice picture of himself, didn't seem like he was sex depraved and explained he was from out-of-state and here through his job. What was suppose to be just a one time thing, turned into a 3-month fling, he was intelligent, attractive, respectful and we made a real connection.

So to those who are curious about CL, go on and see how it works for you. I guess I was one of the lucky few to actually meet a decent person. As a woman, safety is of the utmost concern. I would recommend creating an email address using an alias, only share your pic after seeing their pic, do a search on every reply (most guys carelessly use email addresses with their real names), meet somewhere public first, go with your gut feeling and use your common sense.