Assaulted by yet another DISGUSTING TV commercial!

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 10:13 pm

given a choice between watching loogie monsters or the infernally offensive political ads sure to accelerate in the coming months, I'd choose the former in a heartbeat. :|

Rockymtnchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2015, 5:11 am

I'm not particularly fond of Musimex commercials either.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 125 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 93 of 200

RAADS:
Total score-161.0 Language-18.0 Social relatedness-69.0 Sensory/motor-39.0

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2015, 6:14 pm

There are a whole lot of ill-conceived and poorly made TV commercials out there these days, and Mucinex is barely scratching the surface. I notice them a lot more than I did 10 or 20 years ago. Jimmy John's commercials, especially the old ones, left me seething because they depicted unpleasant and disturbing situations and threw a sandwich delivery man in there. Seriously? How is that supposed to make me hungry for a sandwich? I avoided them for years because their commercials offended me so much.

I think there are a lot of people in sales and marketing now with very little talent, and the art of the "soft sell" is lost on them. The only strategies they seem to understand are an obnoxious "hard sell" or the bad comedy route.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2015, 7:18 pm

some of the worst are radio commercials on talk radio, such as those execrable ones featured on "coast to coast" 7 nights a week. :|

catherinewalker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2015, 6:44 am

I... actually thought it was funny...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2015, 4:27 pm

I'm waiting for the mucoid creatures on the mucinex commercials to have their own tv series :lmao:

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 5:58 pm

Just saw another commercial that pushes the bounds of stupidity.

It was DirecTV bragging about how you can watch content anytime and anyplace, on your computer or tablet or phone. How do they demonstrate this? By showing a young woman watching Furious 7 on her phone while walking down a busy city street.

Brilliant. One of these days I gotta try watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre on my phone while bicycling in the park.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 6:00 pm

let's bring on "manny and the mucoid mob" :lmao:

Rockymtnchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Sep 2015, 6:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
let's bring on "manny and the mucoid mob" :lmao:

Would probally be better than and outsell those Minyons. 8O
Slogan: "Go Green this Fall!" :jester:

As for Directv, I wouldn't expect those ads to last much longer as I bet AT&T will dissolve the satellite service and make the subscribers go to their Universe (or whatever thay call their existing streaming TV service).

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 125 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 93 of 200

RAADS:
Total score-161.0 Language-18.0 Social relatedness-69.0 Sensory/motor-39.0

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 11:23 pm

In my childhood around 1970 there was a TV commercial that opened with a girl cracking a smile. The camera zeroed on one of her front teeth. And then from the side of the picture came the point of a felt tip pen. The pen proceeded to write a number in ink on one of her front teeth. And that was repeated with other folks: men, women, children Blacks, Whites, - getting numbers written on their front tooth in close up.

Then the voiceover came on announcing "Scientific tests now prove it! In controlled expiraments at Harvard (or wherever) our toothpaste was proven to be NUMBER ONE in making your teeth whiter!

That ad ran for a good few weeks.

No other TV spot I have ever seen since has ever approached that one in grossness!

Last edited by naturalplastic on 30 Sep 2015, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 11:31 pm

I don't reckon I've seen any grotesque tv commercials, but in print ads, there is one that takes the cake, it so grossed me out I forgot what they were advertising, it showed a picture of a nude young woman from the rear, with modem jacks where her spine should have been. :eew:

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 11:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I don't reckon I've seen any grotesque tv commercials, but in print ads, there is one that takes the cake, it so grossed me out I forgot what they were advertising, it showed a picture of a nude young woman from the rear, with modem jacks where her spine should have been. :eew:

I don't recommend ever watching eXistenZ then. :)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2015, 12:03 am

Jory wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I don't recommend ever watching eXistenZ then. :)

I thought it was a pretty cool movie.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2015, 12:28 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I thought it was a pretty cool movie.

Me too, but someone who's freaked out by a modem jack spine probably won't want to see the stuff in it.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2015, 6:07 am

I'm tired of the erectile dysfunction drug commercials.

A woman who can have any stud she wants talking about ED....come on. Hope you're targeting older men with lots of money, because that's the only reason she'd be dating him.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2015, 8:16 am

i hate all commercials. i always have my finger ready to press "mute" on the remote.

not only are they annoying, but they also make my head spin for some reason. i think it might have something to do with the broadcast freqency(?). it is like they "sound" different than actual shows to me.

as long as i don't have to hear them, but still wish there was a device that could blacken the screen until the show comes back on. i would rather stare at a black screen than watch commercials.

and i also find those ads for particular shows annoying too. though they are not technically commercials, they are constantly shown every commercial break.