Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Roninninja
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Oct 2012, 5:12 pm

I work in an office and do very repetitive work all day. It is starting to become rather monotonous. It pays right and the people I work with are all nice considering some of my Aspie tendencies. Still, I find myself dreading having to go in to work on Monday. I have had breakdowns at other retail positions where I simply quit because I couldn't handle it. I have vowed to never do this at a job again. I just keep telling myself it isn't that bad. Unfortunately, I find myself daydreaming about never having to come back. I fortunately have enough common sense to realize that that would be a huge mistake.

I'm just curious if anyone absolutely hates their job? If so how do you convince yourself to get out of bed every morning and face the day? Any other advice would be great too. 8)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 5:48 pm

I love having my job too much to hate it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 12:28 am

yes i can't stand it! it's hard and it's six days a week. i thought about quitting many times but it wouldn't be a good idea for the risk of trouble finding another job soon enough and it wouldn't be fair to my gf.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 9:21 am

I like my job. I dislike getting up for my job.

Roninninja
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Oct 2012, 11:17 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:
I like my job. I dislike getting up for my job.

After contemplating, I've realized that this is the real truth! :lol:

012sars210
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2012, 9:47 am

I love that I'm lucky enough to have a job, especially considering that it took me two years after graduating from university to even get it, but the longer I've been here the more responsibilities I get (obviously, this is a good thing, it means I do my job well and that they trust me) unfortunately the more frustrated I am becoming. It's reached the point where I have to try and multitask so much (I can't) that I have lists for my lists and things fall through the cracks and I am ALWAYS stressed and I get stressed out Saturday night's because the next day is Sunday which means Monday is right around the corner and so is work.

So I HATE my job in that sense. In the sense that it's driving me insane. But I can't NOT have one and I do realize how lucky I am with this.

TheaterFreak
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Oct 2012, 12:31 am

One of the jobs I have is working at an amusement park and I LOVE my job there. I love my coworkers and just the job itself. The guests who come to the park are usually pretty dumb and annoying, but that still doesn't mean I don't love it. They definitely piss me off at times, but every so often there'll be a guest that just makes my entire day great.
My 2nd job I actually just got hired for so I'm not sure how that one will be but it's retail so I don't think it'll be that bad since I do pretty well in that field.

mljt
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2012, 6:27 am

Look for another job?

I love my jobs. One in particular is hard sometimes. I'm not really looking forward to going to work today because the kid I work with is being very difficult at the moment, but overall I do love my jobs.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 3:59 pm

I have been at my deathly boring job for 15 years. But I hate looking for jobs so much that I'm going to stay here until I die or get fired, whichever comes first. I don't interview well.

Kalika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Oct 2012, 6:16 pm

I don't exactly "hate" my job, but I would definitely much rather be doing something else. Mainly because the job duties for my position are limited and repetitive, and with the way the city's hiring system is structured, it's not that easy to get a promotion or move into a full-time position. (among other things, you have to apply to be on an "eligible to hire" list, and that does NOT guarantee you'll be called for an interview if a position opens up)

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 8:02 pm

My job has its ups and downs. There are things I certainly don't like about it, but I like it well enough to want to be given the opportunity to move up.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 10:46 pm

I love the job I do (phone-based tech support) but there's always the "popular kids" and "corporate culture" there to ruin a good thing... :x

Mar1976
Raven
Raven

01 Nov 2012, 12:53 pm

I despise my job and every day is an ordeal to try to encourage/push myself to go in..........but I do! (I don't say motivate myself, because there is absolutely nothing in my work that motivates me to want to be there)

The only thing that keeps me going is the thought of being unemployed. I've been there before and I was at my very lowest during that period; I've promised myself never to get to that point again if I am able to control the situation myself.

My only bit of advice would be, try to focus on what skills you have learnt over the years (even the smallest things, inside and outside of work) and see how they would apply to other areas of work that you may not have considered you would be able to do and look for different work; you can never know until you try.
You could always do some small courses outside of work to add to your skills set and build on that.

Failing that, there's always ebay!! Seems a lot of people are making a nice extra income from that!!

I hope you find a solution to the daily drudgery. Hating doing something 5 days out of 7 of your week is soul destroying and in my case I often wonder whether it's worth it; on the other hand it does make you appreciate every single minute of your spare time!

Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Nov 2012, 1:44 pm

I think you all would appreciate a thread that was just beneth this one :)
making your job fit you intead of the otherway around: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt214173.html

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 1:52 pm

My job is waiting for my dad to die. I hate it. I'd get another job but I love my dad too much to put him in a home.