Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Katz2
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Oct 2012, 9:26 pm

I found my first grey hair about 5 years ago. Just the other week I was out with my husband, I was sitting and he was standing beside me. He knows I can be very uncomfortable with all kinds of things he can't understand and is very discrete about saying anything in public but I noticed him looking down at my head. Later I asked what was wrong with my hair and he said he had just noticed how many grey hairs I was getting.

I love my grey hairs for a couple of reasons.

Old and grey are associated. Age and wisdom are also associated. Wisdom is possibly the personal attribute I most desire. Old/grey and wise by default is a look I am happy to have.

Some of my dearest friends never lived long enough to get grey hair. I consider living long enough to go grey as a privilege.

I wear my grey hairs with pride, like a badge of honour.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 12:59 am

I found my first grey hair when I was 30 and had my second baby. I was a bit sad but didn't think much about it. I'm 40 now and have 2 grey hair. My DH had quite a few grey hair in his 20s and he's almost 40 and only has a few more, (and it's not obvious in blond hair anyway). So getting them early doesn't mean you'll go grey quickly. It's more or less genetic.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 3:34 am

I found the odd grey hair on my head before I started dyeing (but the grey isn't why I started dyeing). I'm in my late 20's.

My first BF had a Maxwell Sheffield style grey patch at 21. Now that's premature greying :P

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 11:17 am

I have quite a lot of grey (I mean white) hair. But, it's mainly around the front. I mean some parts are completely white, but the rest of my hair is very dark brown. From a distance, the white areas can look bald. So, yes, I dye my hair, but I use a lighter shade than my natural colour, whch looks right for me. My Mum used to have black hair and, throughout my childhood, she dyed in blonde, really because it was so grey. Today, it's completely white and looks stunning. My husband has a similar colour to mine, but his greys are scattered all over his head, and it looks quite distinguished, in a George Clooney sort of way (although he's not as grey as him yet).

0utsideLookingIn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Oct 2012, 1:45 pm

I started finding grey (white really) hairs in my early thirties and now I'm mostly grey on the sides with a sprinkling of gray in the brown on top. I don't care enough to color my hair so I'm leaning to be content with the gradual greying.

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 9:02 pm

I'm 34, and I've been noticing more gray hair lately. It bums me out, to be honest; on the other hand, maybe I'll get the chance to dye my hair black. That's something I've always wanted to do.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 1:24 pm

It is also genetical, it is just not because of all the stress you are in. I have found out that I already have some grey hair, but I am dark blonde, so it does not show that much, and besides, I don´t care at all. It is not important.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 4:05 pm

I'm in my mid-30's and have I guess between one and two dozen grey hairs on my head now; I don't pluck or dye them because I sort of promised myself when I was a teenager that I wouldn't try to pretend to be something that I'm not, even as I get older.

I honestly don't think that grey hair looks that bad, though. I know a few older women with natural hair, and I don't see a problem with it.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 12:16 am

Mine started greying when I was 16. Most of my hair is not grey, but it bothers me A LOT that it started when I was so young. I started dying the grey parts to my natural colour, and I know I have a LOT of highlights in my hair, so they aren't noticeable until my roots are.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)