i do take a lot of stress
and was subjected to tremendous stress by my parents and siblings
also i have developed thyroid problems.

any home remedies.......what i should do can modern medicines help me out

mv
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 1:57 pm

Your hair, if you're brunette (I'm assuming you are, since you're Indian), is going to gray at one point or another. Early 30s is actually somewhat average to late for your hair graying.

Can you not dye it? Don't you have fabulous henna dyes where you live? Where I live in the U.S., Indian women have all kinds of henna dyes for their gorgeous hair.

I've been dyeing my hair since my late 20s/early 30s (I also have dark brown hair, but I'm of Southern European descent).

gretchyn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2012, 2:54 pm

I am also in my early 30's and have a few grey hairs among the brown. I don't mind them, except for their texture--they are more coarse and wiry than the rest of my hair so they stick out in all directions (especially since most of them are only an inch or two long). My husband is four years older than me, and is about 1/3 grey. I think his hair looks nice with his mixture of dark brown and silver.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 2:57 pm

My lovely wife is Asian, and her hair is naturally black, although lately it seems to have acquired a few reddish-brown highlights.

She keeps a few bottles of henna rinse. "Reshma" brand, I think...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

gretchyn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2012, 3:09 pm

Fnord wrote:
My lovely wife is Asian, and her hair is naturally black, although lately it seems to have acquired a few reddish-brown highlights.

She keeps a few bottles of henna rinse. "Reshma" brand, I think...

The reddish-brown highlights are probably greys that were rinsed with the henna. :) I've used a henna-indigo mix before, and it gives a reddish brown tint. Pure henna gives a bright red tint to greys. Both make a pretty color!

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 10:36 pm

i have black hair since i am from india
and any single one white hair stands out
now since the graying as increased i feel so sad
doesnt henna damage the hair in long run....
doesnt the hair become rough with regular use of henna.......
i will try to research that....

I feel i have developed premature graying...i am too young for this.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 11:30 pm

I had my first gray hair when I was 17. By the time I was in my late 20s the gray was noticeable -- I'm a dark brunette. I was lucky in that my hair has grayed in streaks rather than random grays. People were always asking me if I put it in intentionally. I tried dying it a couple of times, but my hair grew so fast that I decided it would be too much hassle to keep up so let it go. Now I'm 52 and about 60% gray and am OK with it.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 8:08 am

I got my first grey hair 15 years ago. I was kind of excited about it, as I'd always wondered what it would look like. 15 years later, I'm still wondering. Only a few more have come in. If stress caused grey hairs, I'd be totally white-headed by now. My hair is a kind of dark blonde/light brown non-color, btw. I think it'd be cool to have a grey streak and the rest stay dark.

I have used hair dye in the past without any long-term bad effects but my hair is very fine-textured anyway.

And grey hair doesn't mean you're old. I've known a couple of 20-something women who had totally grey hair. I wouldn't mistake either of them for middle-aged.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 9:47 am

I've been dyeing my hair since I was a teenager, but I think I'm safe from grays for a few years yet. A friend of mine has had this gorgeous gray streak in her dark hair since she was in her mid-twenties. She has started "covering the grays" now, but I thought it looked much better natural.
In the media now, there seems to be just slightly less youth worship and more celebration of mature women. It's refreshing to see after the years of wrinkle cream commercials and plastic surgery horrors.

gretchyn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Oct 2012, 2:11 pm

namaste wrote:
i have black hair since i am from india
and any single one white hair stands out
now since the graying as increased i feel so sad
doesnt henna damage the hair in long run....
doesnt the hair become rough with regular use of henna.......
i will try to research that....

I feel i have developed premature graying...i am too young for this.

Pure, body art quality henna powder will actually improve the quality of your hair. It's when henna powder is mixed with other junk (like the premixed boxes) that it's a problem. You will need pure henna and pure indigo to get a black color. This (click) is a great site for learning about how to use henna and indigo properly.

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2012, 6:28 pm

I started to get greys in my early 20's. If you don't want bad regrowth go for semi permanent hair dyes instead of permanent ones.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 3:38 pm

I feel lucky about not having any grey hair yet.

LoriB
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2012, 9:16 pm

I started greying at 12.. I was 90% grey at 24 and all white by 31. Sadly it is coarse and wiry when I don't keep color on it. Otherwise I would love to leave it white.

AlphaSister
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Oct 2012, 3:22 pm

I finally stopped dying my hair and, much to my glee, discovered I have a chunk of grey where my hair naturally parts like Bonnie Raitt and I love it. I wish I could figure out how to dye the rest of my hair a darker color (my hair is naturally that vague light brown/dark blonde color known as "dishwater blonde") to show it off more or that the rest of it would just go grey already. I love how it looks!

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 3:42 pm

I'd love to have a streak like that! Maybe wrap the part you want to keep natural in foil or something else impermeable, then dye the rest?

I used to wonder what all the tinfoil was for in hair salons, then finally asked somebody who had a blue streak how she did it without dyeing her whole head blue and she told me she wrapped the blue piece in foil. :doh:

I'm not a tomboy but I'm totally at sea about hairstyling. Most days I just finger-comb it and go.

AlphaSister
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Oct 2012, 3:57 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
I'd love to have a streak like that! Maybe wrap the part you want to keep natural in foil or something else impermeable, then dye the rest?

I used to wonder what all the tinfoil was for in hair salons, then finally asked somebody who had a blue streak how she did it without dyeing her whole head blue and she told me she wrapped the blue piece in foil. :doh:

I'm not a tomboy but I'm totally at sea about hairstyling. Most days I just finger-comb it and go.

Coming to terms with my hair and what it can and can't do was such a relief for me. My hair is thin and dry and wavy so it really only looks good short and tossled which is fine but would probably drive someone who really wanted to style their hair or change it up nuts.