Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2012, 5:13 pm

Most people have given up on Wii, but I still like to play Animal Crossing City Folk or Bully Scholarship Edition every now and then. What about you guys?

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2012, 5:40 pm

We actually bought a Nintendo Wii a couple of years ago for my dad who use to play the old Nintendo from the 1980's. For some reason he never got into the Wii. As of today I'm the only person who plays it. I play the MLB 2K series games each night.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 5:57 pm

I still use my Wii from time to time. I'll soon be modding it to play all regions and emulating the older games once my faulty SD is replaced. It will be a good way to play N64 games as my LCD TV wont accept the 50hz signal from my N64 console. If anything now is a good time to have some interest in the Wii as game stores will most likely be pricing down the games to clear stock as the Wii-U is on the way.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 7:07 pm

I tend to take long breaks from one console or the other, having both a Wii and an Xbox 360. The Wii's downstairs and sometimes it's hard to get to play it because my sisters like to use it, too so it's a bit easier to use my 360 since it's in my room. However, I've got friends I talk to on it, and while there's nothing bad abou them, sometimes I want to be able to play games without having to talk to anyone or having any random discussions or begged to play some multiplayer game when I want to play games solo.

Some of my more favorite games are on the Wii, too; Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy, the No More Heroes games, etc. Plus I also use it for backwards compatibility, and there's still a ton of old games I need to beat. Already finished Chrono Trigger, got pretty far in Super Mario RPG and Final Fantasy 4, got right about near the end of FF6, would like to beat Donkey Kong Country 3, Cave Story is pretty tough but I think I can do it. My Gamecube's in pretty bad condition, so it's useful for playing games like Wind Waker or Killer7 or Sonic Adventure 2, etc.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

DeVoTeE
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2012, 9:06 pm

I don't know why people give up on the Wii, but I like playing games on it. I own a few Lego based Wii games, including Batman 2: DC Heroes and Lego Star Wars. I was at a Gamestop store weeks ago and I saw a stand fully stocked with used Wii games. My mom bought it along with a Wii board to exercise with originally, but it's not used as often.

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 2:57 am

I might consider upgrading my Wii to the Family Edition, this first revision model is really starting to show its age, and there is going to be a price drop soon. Seeing as I'll likely be getting the OUYA instead of the Wii-U, this'll help me even further, even though the OUYA is a cheap console.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 3:02 am

Haven't played it in months. Such a disappointing library.

That's the thing about Nintendo, they seem to be turning into a company that turns out four or five amazing games each generation, but doesn't have any third-party support. The latest iteration of Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros, etc. is always outstanding, but is that handful of games enough to justify a console?

Seashell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Oct 2012, 4:47 am

Declension wrote:
Haven't played it in months. Such a disappointing library.

That's the thing about Nintendo, they seem to be turning into a company that turns out four or five amazing games each generation, but doesn't have any third-party support. The latest iteration of Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros, etc. is always outstanding, but is that handful of games enough to justify a console?

Apparently the Wii-U will have more third-party titles, like Assassins Creed and Mass Effect.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

16 Oct 2012, 6:12 am

I still kinda do. I hope to get the Wii U next year, though!

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 8:26 am

I still play my Nintendo Wii. Just recently I got through: "Mystery Case Files:The Malgrave Incident". It's a point-and-click detective game that's published by Nintendo.

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 2:25 pm

I still play all Nintendo console at some time. Except GameCube, since I don't have that one = (

For Wii I play Xenoblade Chronicles, Zelda : the Twilight Princess ( and I will get Skyward Sword sometime ) and also Mario Kart. That's all the games I own for Wii, sadly.

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2012, 1:33 am

Last game I played for wii was xenoblade chronicles. I still have the last stroessner waiting for me to play though, I just have too many game swans to play at the minute to play it.

I gave up on my animal crossing quite awhile back, although I did keep it up for almost a year with daily or every other day visits

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

22 Oct 2012, 4:37 am

I remember how big the Wii was; it was like a Stanley Cup Celebration when it first came out. Time passes and......... I can't wait for the Wii U. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

ComradeKael
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Oct 2012, 4:45 am

BlueElephantKing wrote:
Most people have given up on Wii, but I still like to play Animal Crossing City Folk or Bully Scholarship Edition every now and then. What about you guys?

I have a Wii emulator for my computer. Does that count? Rune Factory: Frontier. All day everyday.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 7:14 pm

I just beat Skyward Sword, getting to work on Resident Evil 0 (GameCube version, but still playing it via the Wii). It looks pretty good on an HDTV, for a game that doesn't support progressive scan.

DeVoTeE
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2012, 9:26 am

I'm waiting for Epic Mickey 2 for Christmas.