Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2012, 8:19 pm

I'm a huge fan of Gorillaz, their music is so unique and fun to listen to! However, I can't stand songs like "DoYaThing" or "Doncamatic", those songs are awful! Hell, "Seattle Yodel" on The Fall was better than them....okay maybe not, but still, I don't like those songs.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 9:29 pm

Gorillaz is awesome! I have liked them since middleschool. I like the albums "Gorillaz" and "Demon Days" the most because they weren't really meant to be "pop music" just good unlike "Plastic Beach" which was very "poppy" to appeal to mainstream masses, but "The Fall" which I think I read was recorded in a very short period of time has been growing on me and I like it better than Plastic Beach because it's really unique and chill. It's one of those albums I can turn on and pretty much listen through the entire way. The singles of all Gorillaz albums are some of the worst songs they have in my opinion.

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2012, 9:51 pm

I love Hip Albatross, 5/4, O Green World, Spitting Out the Demons, Hillbilly Man, and Pirate Jet.

Taverson
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2012, 12:04 am

If you like Gorillaz, then definitely listen to "Music is My Radar" by Blur and/or the album The Good, The Bad, and The Queen by what is officially an unnamed supergroup consisting of Damon Albarn (vocalist for Blur and Gorillaz), the bassist for The Clash, the guitarist from The Verve, and Tony Allen on drums.

My favorite Gorillaz songs are

Clint Eastwood (Loved this song from the first moment I heard it as a kid)
Feel Good Inc (I relate to this song even if the majority of the lyrics are nonsense)
O Green World (I love the sense of emotional urgency in the vocals and the backing vocals are geniusly infectious)
Dirty Harry (That bassline - and the children's choir)
On Melancholy Hill (So relaxing)
Some Kind of Nature (Lou Reed's awful voice is awesome)
Re-hash (The acoustic guitar - though it may be electric with an acoustic pedal, not sure)
5/4 (Love the guitar riff)
Kids With Guns (Dead on social commentary)
November Has Come (I hate the rap but love how the chorus is sung)
Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head (<3 Dennis Hopper narraration + the parts that Damon Albarn sings makes this probably my overall favorite)

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 1:20 pm

I like any Damon Albarn project whether it's Blur, Gorillaz or TGTBATQ I think he is very artistic. I know Tomorrow Comes Today was originally a demo by Blur song called I Got Law I have got that song in my music collection it sound like Damon Albarn singing along to a 1980s computer game. I agree with Taverson you would like Music Is My Radar I read it was an experimental track which became Gorillaz. Also I would recommend Blur's Think Tank album it came out between Gorillaz and Demon Days and it sounds very much influenced by Gorillaz. I also read that The Fall was recorded on an iPad.

Taverson
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Oct 2012, 2:46 pm

Speaking of Damon Albarn, I don't know if it's still up on youtube, I'll check to see if it is...

But he did a hip-hop demo called Hippy Children in like the 80s. I found it very catchy when I listened to it.

EDIT Nope, not on youtube anymore. Shame.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 1:56 pm

I love Gorillaz. I haven't got all their albums due to lack of money but I really enjoy their music from the first two main albums.

Taverson
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Oct 2012, 4:55 pm

It's a shame that Gorillaz might be finished unless Albarn and Hewlett work out their differences.

And we saw how long it took Blur to work out their differences..... just to play a few festivals and release three singles, a documentary, and a compilation and then call it quits for good.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 7:38 am

I know that Blur are doing music festivals next year I think that Damon Albarn is one of these people who can never be satisfied with what he does thats why he keeps disbanding whatever project and then in about 3-5 years make up with that person group of people and then 2 years after start recording with whatever band it is

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

21 Oct 2012, 7:42 am

The only song I heard from them was Feel Good, Inc. Which is funky in its own right. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Taverson
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Oct 2012, 11:37 am

equestriatola wrote:
The only song I heard from them was Feel Good, Inc. Which is funky in its own right. :D

The Editors covered Feel Good Inc on the British radio station BBC Radio 1 several years ago.

Put a new twist on it.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 12:26 pm

I'm happy!
I'm feeling glad I've got sunshine!

That's actually the one only song I have of them, can't remember the name but I like it.

Taverson
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Oct 2012, 4:00 pm

Shatbat wrote:
I'm happy!
I'm feeling glad I've got sunshine!

That's actually the one only song I have of them, can't remember the name but I like it.

That would be "Clint Eastwood" which in my opinion has one of the top 3 raps (IF NOT THE BEST) of any Gorillaz song.

Yay for Del the Funky Homosapien!