Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 12:20 pm

When I was 13, I was diagnosed with all 3 of these conditions. The 3rd one I never really heard anything about again, so I don't know its relevance, but isn't 13 a little young to diagnose that?

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 12:24 pm

beneficii wrote:
but isn't 13 a little young to diagnose that?

Yes it is.

Also Autism and schizotypal are highly overlapping in some cases, so the ICD-10 (I'm not shure about the DSM-IV) even excludes those two.

I have HFA with a lot of schizotypal traits, but was never dx with schizotypal because of the overlapping. So I wouldn't worry too much about it. ;)

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 1:29 pm

<Sorry for "necro-posting">

I am currently diagnosed with three conditions mentioned in the title of this topic (I have diagnosis of schizotypal disorder from ICD-10, it is not a personality disorder in it). I received these three diagnoses together first time in first half of 2015. I received diagnose of AS in 2008 and diagnose of OCD first time in 2008 or 2009, when I was 17.

OCD looks, paradoxically (it is not a pervasive developmental disorder like AS and is classified as a neurotic disorder, not a mental illness, unlike F21, which is "located" in ICD-10 between schizophrenia (F20) and persistent delusional disorder (F22)), most problematic and distressing for me.