Why do you get excited about what you like?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

17 Oct 2012, 10:34 pm

An obvious Q, but you can describe why you get excited about what you like one interest at a time.
----
Sports jerseys: While in this day and age of free agency in pro sports, it's more like a metaphor for it (the teams become incidental to the individual players), it gives me a feeling that I am on the team. The jersey itself a symbol for that team: You are embodying it. (On that note, I refuse to put names on the backs of jerseys I buy; because a friend of mine told me that I am representing the whole team and not just one player with that principle.)

Sports VGs: It's like I'm right there eon the field with the rest of the players. It feels so great.

Game show VGs: It's the next best thing to being a contestant. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 10:52 pm

i am excited about barack obama's campaign and the future of democracy in america.

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2012, 11:53 pm

I get excited when I see Beagles I love animals but the dog breed Beagle is the one animal I love. I also get excited when I look for a dvd my friend noticed that when I went looking for a particular dvd the other day.

revolutionrocknroll
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2012, 12:59 am

I don't know why I get really excited about dogs. Whenever I go downtown, there are a ton of people walking dogs and I just want to make friends with all of the dogs, but I'm too afraid to talk to the owners. I think dogs just make really good friends and they're fun to train and play with and go hiking with. Also, society misunderstands how dogs think and communicate, which results in a lot of bullying in attempts at "training" and I can kind of relate to that. As an aspie, I'm misunderstood by people, and in the past that resulted in me getting bullied. So I can relate to them in that way.
It's convenient to know about dogs too, because a lot of people own them, but not many people understand them.
It's just nice being unconditionally loved by someone. I know my dog will love me no matter what.

But I'm basically like the dog person version of this woman:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4NMoJcFd4[/youtube]
Just replace "cat(s)" with "dog(s)" and that sums up how I feel about them xD

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 1:20 am

I like what I like, but I don't get excited over what I like.

Si_82
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 4:31 am

I get excited about urban exploring for a number of reasons it is dangerous, exciting and goes against the grain. It reminds me I am truly alive. These places are, by their very nature, derelict so I can explore for hours and never have to deal with social nonsense (unless I take a friend). There is also a community so I have made one or two friends since we have something in common to talk about. I am useless at making friends so this is great.

Writing and producing music has interested me for many years. I like to be able to start off with just a silly little riff I come up with while messing around on the guitar to, 4 hours later, a complete track with drums, bass, keys, 4-5 guitar parts overlayed. Everything mixed properly and suitable effects. I find great satisfaction in being able to sit back at the end and tell myself "I created that!". It is also quite therapeutic and calls for me to focus right in the the minute detail of each audio layer which I find stimulating.

Those are my big two at the minute (other than the more-recent Aspergers research but the reasons for that should be self-explanatory)

Alexithymia: 137

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

18 Oct 2012, 5:05 am

One more for me:

Game shows: What can I say? Seeing them and playing them are exciting in itself. No more needs to be said.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 8:35 am

revolutionrocknroll wrote:
I don't know why I get really excited about dogs. Whenever I go downtown, there are a ton of people walking dogs and I just want to make friends with all of the dogs, but I'm too afraid to talk to the owners. I think dogs just make really good friends and they're fun to train and play with and go hiking with. Also, society misunderstands how dogs think and communicate, which results in a lot of bullying in attempts at "training" and I can kind of relate to that. As an aspie, I'm misunderstood by people, and in the past that resulted in me getting bullied. So I can relate to them in that way.
It's convenient to know about dogs too, because a lot of people own them, but not many people understand them.
It's just nice being unconditionally loved by someone. I know my dog will love me no matter what.

But I'm basically like the dog person version of this woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4NMoJcFd4
Just replace "cat(s)" with "dog(s)" and that sums up how I feel about them xD

That clip is hilarious - made my morning. BTW, that problem of yours wouldn't exist with cat lovers - cats usually roam the world independently, and as such the only thing necessary to cuddle up with them is to be able to get near them without scaring them off (I seem to be getting good at that :D).

With regards as to why... I'm interested in philosphical thinking because it always seemed to me to be the frontier of all possible ideas. How, through rationalizing concepts in one's mind regardless of how abstract the results are (as long as they're logical), one could further understand the world through that. That's mostly the fuel behind my every other (more concrete) interest.

laserwater
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Oct 2012, 12:49 pm

Artificial Intelligence: I just think it's such a cool thing that machines could learn and interact in the environment. The thought of AI with human intelligence is even more incredible. Technology that gains the ability to view the world as us. Who knows if we'll be able to make it one day or not, but I love it and I want to help work on it.

Otters: To whoever said they love dogs, well, yep I'm the otter version of you. They are just so adorable. They even hold hands and juggle pebbles <3

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 1:00 pm

I love learning about the human body, and really, any kind of body (so, animals, etc.). In fact, I just love learning! It's a lot of fun. :D

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 8:25 pm

Don't most people get excited about what they like? Isn't that natural?

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2012, 11:08 pm

I get excited whenever I see anything new related to "Cars" or a plushie based on one of my favorite cartoon characters. You should have seen how excited I got back in the winter of 2011 when I found out that Cars 2 was coming out that summer...and when a friend of mine who's also a "Cars" fan sent me a link to to this plush series in Japan that has a plushie of "Susie" (the little blue Car in my avatar) in its lineup. :D Now I just have to wait for one to show up on Ebay, and when that happens, I'll be even MORE excited! :D

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes