Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 1:26 pm

constant coughing gets on my nerves pretty fast. hiccups are even worse

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 1:56 pm

I get annoyed when people are talking but pause 3 or 4 times to hiccup (quietly).

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

20 Oct 2012, 5:38 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Seeing as how the first decade of my life I was afflicted with alternating chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma I've lost any and all manners when it comes to being sick in public.

I cough, sneeze, wipe my nose of my shirt, ect. I'd love to just stay home, but I need to earn money to live, which is what happens when you live on your own and have a job with responsibilities.

I'd love to be able to care about the sensitivities of others, but....I just....don't. Spending your childhood with a demon living in your lungs that nearly killed you will do that to a person.

Good luck with the ear plugs.

I don't hate the people, I hate the sounds. Like I said, I don't take it out on them. I do have sympathy for people being sick, but I can't exactly shut off my reaction to the sounds they make. :(

Or for that matter, to the sounds I make when I'm sick.

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 6:10 pm

There are many commercials that spend piles of money that seem not to have ever heard of misophonia. Like Kit-Kat candy bars, where they snap and then bite hard again and again, and the Aleve commercial, where the people gulp down pills again and again. I leap to turn of the sound when they come on.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 8:13 pm

I don't mind eating noises. Coughing can be annoying but it doesn't drive me crazy. What I hate, however, are conversations or TV noise from another room. God. It makes me want to hit somebody. Especially since the guy next to me has loud Skype conversations until 3-5 am and doesn't seem to understand why I kindly asked him to at least be quiet at 2 am.

Don't know if that's really Misophonia though.