Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 4:50 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Todd

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOHXGNx-E7E[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtEtFeaPoEw[/youtube]

The story is absolutely horrible to hear what happened to her. This really should never have happened at all.
There is so much sick, pathetic, ignorant and obnoxious people in this world because of their lack of understanding others in this world.
I seriously just post this stuff not to get a reaction out of people or for the awareness, in reality it is just to say that everyone has problems in this world no matter how much they affect you.
I only could hope that it didn't have to be like this at all.
My thoughts go out to her family. :( R.I.P. Amanda Todd.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 10:48 pm

That's so horrible,it was bad enough being bullied the regular old fashioned way,but I can't imagine how rough it is for kids today.With the Internet there would be no escaping it.It's about time something was done,there's just too much of this happening.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 2:19 am

Misslizard wrote:
That's so horrible,it was bad enough being bullied the regular old fashioned way,but I can't imagine how rough it is for kids today.With the Internet there would be no escaping it.It's about time something was done,there's just too much of this happening.

I agree with you as doing something could have saved this young girl.
Unfortunately, it is a vicious cycle of how hurtful people can be when they show themselves up behind a computer screen. It's just wrong!

Only thing that seems to be done is a slap on the wrist from the Police when it comes to cyber bullies.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 3:35 pm

PastFixations wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I agree with you as doing something could have saved this young girl.
Unfortunately, it is a vicious cycle of how hurtful people can be when they show themselves up behind a computer screen. It's just wrong!

Only thing that seems to be done is a slap on the wrist from the Police when it comes to cyber bullies.

I've witnessed first hand how evil people can be when they're playing e-thug. I wonder how all those girls who wanted Amanda to "die" feel now that they got their wish. NT teen girls can be so evil, and what's worse they bring these little mind games into the workplace, and many American workplaces are full of twentysomething women who do nothing except play politics all day. I don't think anything gets done in many American offices, so busy are the women with their games. Our culture seems to reward the strong stepping on the weak for the strong's amusement. Bullied people are forbidden from fighting back. This is yet another reason why I plan to retreat to the woods and live off the land, this sick society can't go on for much longer.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 8:48 pm

Those responsible for this need to be put to death. Anything else is unacceptable. So horrible. :(

www.tbwmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=294&t=2569

Hmm.... I wonder if that information is legit? It's from Anonymous, if you wonder. Sure hope it is.... otherwise, it'd be pretty horrible to be out there, that way... to say the least. Does seem they have investigated it, at first glance, though....

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 9:31 pm

Beauty_pact wrote:
Those responsible for this need to be put to death. Anything else is unacceptable. So horrible. :(

Hmm.... I wonder if that information is legit? It's from Anonymous, if you wonder. Sure hope it is.... otherwise, it'd be pretty horrible to be out there, that way... to say the least. Does seem they have investigated it, at first glance, though....

Todd's wiki entry says that's not the guy. Still, who knows. If it isn't him, then he's screwed. I think eventually they'll find out who spread the photo.

salem44dream
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 9:36 pm

Wake up, you guys, this board isn't perfect either. I've gotten a few nasty replies to my posts, and being an Aspie makes it hard to get the shock of it out of my head at some point later on in the day. On the other hand, I understand it's practically impossible to perfectly moderate ANY message board, stuff like that's just going to happen.

However, the wrongplanet.net moderators should be aware that some negative things go on here as well.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 9:40 pm

Getting negative replies to my posts on WP has actually helped me to not be so 'thin-skinned". Maybe five years ago I would have gone into a three-day funk for someone calling one of my posts "stoopid" or "ignernt". Now being called a troll for disagreeing with others and having unpopular opinions only slightly miffs me off.

It's worth it to be able to hold my own against certain Enties in my life.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 9:44 pm

Yes,someone posted that I should take my s$&t somewhere else,I'm thick-skinned but this may have upset a more tender hearted person.I try to be polite,even in a heated debate.If I ever hurt someone's feelings I would apologize.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 5:17 am

salem44dream wrote:
Wake up, you guys, this board isn't perfect either. I've gotten a few nasty replies to my posts, and being an Aspie makes it hard to get the shock of it out of my head at some point later on in the day. On the other hand, I understand it's practically impossible to perfectly moderate ANY message board, stuff like that's just going to happen.

However, the wrongplanet.net moderators should be aware that some negative things go on here as well.

Well, from my knowledge... I don't recall anyone on WP saying that someone on WP should kill themselves?
If so, that is completely unacceptable. Regardless of whether intentional or provoked or whatever.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 8:38 am

Most people are really decent here on WP,I think most of us have been the victims of bullies.I don't let the few nasty comments bother me,it's only happened twice and I can deal with that,they had bad manners mostly.
I never had to feel with cyber bullies,thank goodness.I can only imagine the horror of it.I was so miserable from the regular kind I missed lots of school,I just dreaded going.I don't think I could have handled the cyber stuff,to have someone post stuff about you and then the whole school sees it,how awful,heartbreaking.

salem44dream
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 8:43 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Most people are really decent here on WP

Agreed!

Godzilla_The_Great
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Apr 2013, 12:31 am

Quote:
I've witnessed first hand how evil people can be when they're playing e-thug. I wonder how all those girls who wanted Amanda to "die" feel now that they got their wish. NT teen girls can be so evil, and what's worse they bring these little mind games into the workplace, and many American workplaces are full of twentysomething women who do nothing except play politics all day. I don't think anything gets done in many American offices, so busy are the women with their games. Our culture seems to reward the strong stepping on the weak for the strong's amusement. Bullied people are forbidden from fighting back. This is yet another reason why I plan to retreat to the woods and live off the land, this sick society can't go on for much longer.

Retreat to the woods only to gather an army to fight back. I've learned that remaining silent does not have any effect on the loud masses. A sharp blow to the head usually works the first time around. Not to mention a little psychological warfare.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 8:22 am

salem44dream wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Most people are really decent here on WP

Agreed!

Agreed. If somebody replies in a way that seems offensive I pause to think it over before I run with the hurt feelings. Usually it's just bluntness and/or immaturity. And since most of us here have Asperger's, and a lot are young, what else would you expect? :D

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2013, 7:15 am

Beauty_pact wrote:

put to death?
at first glance?