Page 2 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Sauceball
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jan 2013, 12:26 am

I don't want anyone taking my ideas, bit let's just say that it involves a guy disappearing on a cold night.

OMGitsKenny
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 2:18 am

Colinn wrote:
Not an in depth thought, but I have been enjoying the Dragonball Z series again. I would love for an RPG game to be made for the current generation with a different story that still feels inline with the main series with you controlling your own created character in the game. The current beat em up games look pretty good, so those elements could still be used for the fighting sequences. Probably never happen, but I can dream!

I think they're doing something like that for the new South Park game coming out in May. It's an RPG with your created character going through the story. Looks great and the trailer is hilarious!

As for game ideas, I have plenty of ideas for games, just I don't know who to trust with them. I think these ideas will sell amazingly.

Arkio
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 1:33 pm

Death Destroyer.

A fighting game where you can play as 16 different men who fight in a world tournament. Intense violence and handsome characters. When your health bar reaches a certain point, you can summon armor like in Japanese live action. There is no main character, but rather there are 2 who oppose each other. Here are chibis I made of the characters:

[img][800:280]http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a485/Arkio_Xyro_Dhrkaea/Facebook/Timeline%20Photos/679858_185244574945430_263228792_o.jpg[/img]

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 4:05 am

I've got 2 major game concepts I'm working on, right now.

Concept 1:

Title: Darkfire
Genre: Third-person sci-fi stealth-action RPS
Best Analogy: Mass Effect meets FEAR, meets Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Concept 2:

Title: Starfall
Genre: First-person adventure
Best Analogy: Myst meets Final Fantasy

mercifullyfree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2013, 11:39 am

Zokk wrote:
Title: Starfall
Genre: First-person adventure
Best Analogy: Myst meets Final Fantasy

This sounds interesting! Do you mind sharing details? Would it be a first person adventure but with an epic storyline and cast of characters? Any combat system or pure puzzle?

Jerricko
Raven
Raven

13 Jan 2013, 12:39 pm

Warcraft 3 with the mechanics from Rise and Fall; but instead of using a premade character, you can make your own character like in WoW to lead the troops into battle :D

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 4:30 pm

mercifullyfree wrote:
Zokk wrote:
This sounds interesting! Do you mind sharing details? Would it be a first person adventure but with an epic storyline and cast of characters? Any combat system or pure puzzle?

I takes a lot of the science-fantasy/steampunk aesthetics from the Final Fantasy series and combines it with the exploration and puzzle-solving of Myst. You're alone for most of the game, but you do get to interact with the inhabitants of the various worlds you visit.

It does have a pretty epic storyline, though, I think.

Here's how I describe it in short:

"The player takes on the role of Kina; a teenage girl, who, in the course of a single night, has her entire world destroyed, and finds the fabric of her reality itself breaking down. The player must explore a number of fantatsic worlds in varying states of decay, decyphering clues and solving each location's puzzles, in order to find the truth about what's happening. The path the player must take across the worlds is a long and sometimes dangerous one, but each success brings Kina one step closer to the truth, and the discovery of her true nature. Each one turning another page in a dark tale of greed, conspiracy and betrayal of cataclysmic proportions."

Telekon
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2013, 1:18 am

A game like Far Cry 3, only set in Alaska. You'd battle poachers, survivalists, grizzly and polar bears, wolverines, bison, and soldiers guarding the HAARP building. I'd also include natural disasters like volcanic eruptions and tidal waves.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 10:16 am

Ever since playing NES in horse-and-buggy days I've dreamed of creating my own games or at least characters and a storyline for a game. Of course my early ideas were pretty lame and I know now that it is nothing more than a daydream. But I often wish I could make a virtual life game such as the Sims, but with animals, that I would call Zootopia. Not exactly like Animal Crossing where you play as a human and interact with talking animals, but more of a game where everyone is a cartoon animal but it would be more like the Sims with more E10+ or T-Rated stuff that teens and adults might enjoy, like animal characters becoming attracted to each other and mild bathroom humor. The "furries" would probably love such a game. :D

Or, I'd make the game revolve around a town of gnome-like beings that I would call Troll Town. There are these troll characters I've been drawing for years now, but they're not bad, evil trolls, they're good and friendly and love nature, not unlike elves or fairies that stereotypically do. The real bad guys are the goblins and you'd have to make sure your trolls don't end up in trouble if they are around. The goblins love to bully the trolls and may hurt them, steal items or infect them with an illness and then they will have to go to the clinic to be healed. But the trolls can protect themselves by learning magic based on what part of nature they love i.e. conjuring up friendly animals or plants that fight the goblins. It would be an E-Rated game, fun for the whole family sort of like Animal Crossing but instead of traveling to a city you can travel and explore different parts of an enchanted forest including where the goblins live if you're brave enough! You might also get to play as a goblin and enjoy being evil, muhahaha! I've written a series of about six different illustrated "novels" about the trolls and their adventures, but I'll be extremely lucky if even one of them is made into an actual book, never mind a video game. Also "troll" has become quite a stigma in the Internet world. :(

Another idea I've been playing around with is Horror Hospital. Contrary to the name it is not a horror game, but more like Theme Hospital except all the characters are cute, comical monsters with wacky ailments. There's Countess Cuteness who's afflicted with the Coffin Cold, Wolfred the Werewolf whose Howlingitis prevents him to howl, and even a sea monster named Gillda with a particularly bad strain of Finfluenza that's mde her fins droopy. Besides treating and curing patients the main characters, a skeleton nurse and doctor, may be having an ongoing love affair and other silly side stories. :)

Possibly the silliest idea for a game I've come up with is Heropotamiss. It's about a female hippo named Harriet who's snacking on some chocolate that suddenly floats her window. It turns out that evil space aliens called Chok'lit Monsters (Pokemon reference) are plotting to steal all the Earth's chocolate! 8O But there are a couple of good aliens around and they give Harriet a pair of bracelets that transform her into Heropotamiss. She then goes on a Super-Mario-style adventure that takes place partly in her town and then later on the planet Chok'litron, and she must battle monsters like Pudding Plop, Chuck Cherry (a chocolate cherry monster that spits out sticky cherry-bombs), Queen Evil Bunny (a giant chocolate bunny that spoofs both Godzilla and Alien) and King Coco, a living bar of bitter dark chocolate who rules Chok'litron. Of course the story would have a lot of humor and satire, like Earthworm Jim or a lot less M-rated version of Conker the Squirrel. Harriet would also appear in Zootopia as one of the NPC characters. I actually wrote a bunch of short stories and illustrations about Harriet/Heropotamiss, but like I said about Troll Town... :(

Well I've officially shared my dreams with the world and that's all they really are, just dreams. Or are they :?:

Arkio
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 12:35 pm

Arkio wrote:
Death Destroyer.

A fighting game where you can play as 16 different men who fight in a world tournament. Intense violence and handsome characters. When your health bar reaches a certain point, you can summon armor like in Japanese live action. There is no main character, but rather there are 2 who oppose each other. Here are chibis I made of the characters:

[img][800:280]http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a485/Arkio_Xyro_Dhrkaea/Facebook/Timeline%20Photos/679858_185244574945430_263228792_o.jpg[/img]

Left to right:

Luca (Ares/Satan), Niccolai (Virgo/Belial), Akian (Aquarius/Aamon), Antoine (Cetus/Belphegor), Takuhi (Leo/Agni), Rexx (Capricorn/Samael), Levi (Orion/Lerajie), Caleb (Cancer/Adramelech), Szandrix (Sagittarius/Beelzebub), Cron (Canis/Set), Nathaniel (Gemini/Judas), Seth (Scorpio/Asmodeus), Kain (Ophiuchus/Dahaka), Emilio (Taurus/Behemoth), Zhang (Libra/Lucifer), Rh'kii (Pisces/Leviathan)

ICY
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jan 2013, 1:17 pm

A Pokemon game with a region based on London. The Elite 4's location can be based on the Houses of Parliament and locations such as the Tower of London, London Zoo and Nelsons Column can be used as the basis for important cities.

mercifullyfree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2013, 2:57 pm

Zokk wrote:

It does have a pretty epic storyline, though, I think.

Here's how I describe it in short:

"The player takes on the role of Kina...

Thanks! If that ever got developed, I would play it. I happen to love both Myst style games and Final Fantasy, which is why I asked. :D

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 4:39 pm

mercifullyfree wrote:
Thanks! If that ever got developed, I would play it. I happen to love both Myst style games and Final Fantasy, which is why I asked. :D

Glad you like it! I'd like to develop it on the CryENGINE, but, of course, there are no plans for development, right now.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 5:11 pm

Originally I did, but now they're book ideas.

And trust me, a book is a lot easier to make XD

Author/Writer

Arkio
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 4:55 pm

Well I can only think of characters and not plots, so for me a video game where the player gets to decide what happens would be easier.

zeldafan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 1:21 pm

id like to make a game where AC meets Minecraft meets Zelda meets Halo meets GW2 meets Spider Man (the good ones) meets Pokemon meets Sims meets EARTHBOUND meets Mother 3 and finally MEETS MOTHERFRICKING TETRIS~ YEAH I WENT THERE TETRIS. (just for a mini game :D) also it needs a voice chat thing like skype with private calls and stuff. What else? YOU DECIDE