Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 4:59 pm

I have a lot of ideas for video games in my head. Usually whenever I get a new one, I create an epic story and a big universe in my head, and then I'll feel kinda frustrated because I can't make it "real". I mean, when you have a "normal" story in mind you can just write it down (even if you're not the best writer), but some stories just don't work properly as a simple, linear story and you can't just sit down and write your own game. Well you could, but it would take ages and you'll need a lot of knowledge first.

Right now I'm almost obsessed with an idea for a big RPG. I have the story and the most important characters in my head and I "play" it in my mind sometimes, like a daydream. I even thought of a name, "Children of Fate". I think it would even be pretty successfull if actually done as a game. And it's so frustrating that I can't just sit down and program it myself. :D

If you want, share some of your own game ideas here...

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 5:10 pm

I would like a good zombie game.

Oslo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2012, 5:30 pm

'Worldbuilding' is something I often do as something of a hobby, so I have several worlds within my mind with their politics, species, cultures and stories all worked out. I have thought of ideas specifically for games in the past, though there are perhaps more viable outlets for conveying a story within my current individual ability.

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 5:39 pm

I use a program that is pretty much designed for people who no coding skills to do that. I'm currently working on a game for my own amusement.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 5:42 pm

Oh, I used to come up with all sorts of ideas for video games... they all sucked. :wink: I don't do it so much anymore. What I need to do is really get creative and make some original and cool plot from scratch, then make it into an actual game(I have a fair amount experience in 3D modeling, programming, and texturing, so I'm sure I could make something- not saying it'll be easy).

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 5:48 pm

FalsettoTesla wrote:
I use a program that is pretty much designed for people who no coding skills to do that. I'm currently working on a game for my own amusement.

An engine, I guess? Which one?
I tried to get into Unity but gave up for some reason.. I should start again

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 5:54 pm

not entire videogames as such

specific things i would like in a video game, loads.

i always hated the closed feeling of many crafting systems and i find even minecrafts system restrictive,
many of my ideas are modifications to other already implemented functions.

all that said, all i have ever done about it is collaborating on some mods for various games, i am releasing my next version of the oddworld agricultural managment system next month.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 6:18 pm

Sanctus wrote:
FalsettoTesla wrote:

An engine, I guess? Which one?
I tried to get into Unity but gave up for some reason.. I should start again

RPGMakerVX Ace. It's easy to use, if not overly impressive.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 6:40 pm

the latest crytek engine is fairly nice to work in, the tools are free as is the engine as long as it is non profit,
you can use .lua to do almost anything you want, the graphical side of it is fairly complex and models and animations can be a real pain to get working.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 7:47 pm

Being a non-paid cartoonist I have imagined my characters in games as well as in cartoons since I was a kid. Of course, everything happens easily in daydreams and almost never in real life. I should have realized from the start I would be a failure at even doing "normal" things other people do by the time they're 18 like getting a college education, moving out and getting a real job. So what made me think I would somehow incredibly create the next smash-hit Disney movie or Nintendo game? Crushed. :(

Sylanor
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Oct 2012, 5:12 am

I have one idea of a product i would buy. I love building maps, so why not make a new Minecraft with 2012 graphics. Hundreds of choices what to put down, no hassle just building stuff and walking around in it of course. I love the thought of Minecraft but i have never tried because it looks like it runs on my calculator

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 7:23 am

Sylanor wrote:
I have one idea of a product i would buy. I love building maps, so why not make a new Minecraft with 2012 graphics. Hundreds of choices what to put down, no hassle just building stuff and walking around in it of course. I love the thought of Minecraft but i have never tried because it looks like it runs on my calculator

I always found the block look of Minecraft to be its biggest draw. There are quite a lot of programs you can map build with, depending on what kind of map building you want to do. The Sims 3 has a create a world tool, and lots of community input, which I've found is nice if you want to make a kind of town map (obviously scaled down). I had a look at the cryengine, and it seems cool for landscape building. Rpgmaker VX ace is pretty awesome for creating Pokemon style worlds.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 7:11 pm

LeeAnderson wrote:
I would like a good zombie game.

I've been working on one since sometime in the early 2000s @_@ I lost a lot of interest in working on it when L4D came out, even though it is a very different game than mine.

I finally figured out a few weeks ago that I could take three or four of my (very) unfinished games and merge them into it to make one great game...I just haven't taken the time to sit down and work on it yet =|

I've already got about 95% of the basic design figured out...and maybe 70% of it programmed (but will need to be reprogrammed), but if you've got any cool ideas, let me know.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 7:21 pm

I came up with this idea independently, but I've seen others come up with it as well:

A stealth game (think Thief) where you are always invisible and silent, and can only give yourself away by interacting with the environment.

I think it would put an awesome spin on the stealth genre, since the environments could be much more varied. It could be broad daylight! You could be surrounded by fifty guards, and if you're good enough you can slip between them...

Want that door open? Well, you can just walk up and open it! But make sure nobody sees you open it! Well, even if they do, they won't know which side of the door you opened it from...

Need to pickpocket a guard who has their back to a wall? No need to sneak up behind them! Just walk right up to their face and do it. There's no difference, they can't see you either way. But you better hope they don't decide to start walking forward when you are right in front of them...

And eventually the guards will start to figure out strategies to defeat an invisible and silent invader. Like spilling liquid all over the floor...

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 5:45 am

I make up stoylines for games in my head with characters based off me and other people in my life (incuding my online friends). They usually involve going somewhere, then facing something bad happening in a place, but then they get through it by doing whatever they need to do. I listen to music while thinking out these ideas.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 6:46 am

Yeah... but it would easily be banned...
You play as a causcian guy who has blonde silky hair... He wears a black leather jacket and jeans... The jeans however are showing his genitals because he has no underwear on...
Your basically raping women and shooting the police.
The character doesn't stop and change or anything like that...
Plus there were like bonuses if the victims were 18-27 year old women.

I know it's sick. Though nowadays it would fit in with the games that are being made unfortunately.
Worst thing is... I visualised playing it. It isn't great I can tell you.

I was probably thinking of a way to make rapists see the effects of what happens but to be honest... It would do more harm than good.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."