Page 2 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2012, 12:43 pm

It's not exactly my idea, but I would love some sort of skyrim/dark souls hybrid. It would be cool.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 2:21 pm

Dragons. And lots of them. Fighting monsters, or other mythical creatures, or humanoids. I miss Spyro and War of the Monsters (had a locked dragon character in it). :)

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 4:57 pm

HereBeDragons wrote:
Dragons. And lots of them. Fighting monsters, or other mythical creatures, or humanoids. I miss Spyro and War of the Monsters (had a locked dragon character in it). :)

Basically the opposite of Monster Hunter? Kind of? :wink:

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 10:54 am

A shooting game that has Metroidvania in it.

The story involves you as a spaceship on a vibrant planet brimming with life...these aliens appear to attack you so you go around killing them and encounter HUGE bosses which upgrades your ship with better armour pieces, ammo, etc.

The ending reveals that you are indeed the villain that has been killing these "innocent" aliens who were only defending your home...and the final boss (another spacecraft), offers you to either join forces to rule the entire planet, or you can defend the last inhabitants on the planet you've pretty much lost the trust of.

If you choose the good path (and have killed less then 5% of the aliens (the aliens (different waves/types) will leave the screen if you decide to not shoot them for 5 seconds in the game), you are eventually forgiven for wiping out the alien race, but you are sworn to protect the planet as it's guardian, you are technically tethered by their law so that you don't betray them (if you try to, you die instantly in the Bonus, ultra secret final boss where the aliens do help you fight....but they WILL get in the way of you intentionally to make the game super hard to beat 100%).

If you choose the dark path, you have to go to the core of the planet to destroy their original "guardian" with the final boss you otherwise would have fought. The ending is an ironic tale where the player is killed by the original Final Boss anyway after defeating the guardian. (this won't be known by the players since this ending will be even harder then the good ending).

I think that would be an awesome idea for a game, where your decision makes an impact on how you play the game.

Last edited by CrazyStarlightRedux on 09 Nov 2012, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 1:42 pm

This idea of mine goes as far back as middle school. I used to draw pictures cities and towns and think of all sorts of ideas to destroy them.

Imagine a virtual city, town, suburb, farm, etc. and can choose all sorts of scenarios to destroy it. You can sit back and watch like a movie or can manually control certain disasters to make them 10 times worse.

Scenarios can range from natural disasters to attacks from giant monsters, robots, zombies, aliens, and more.

List of things you could toggle before starting the destruction.

People On/off (Citizens can walk the streets)
Cars On/Off (Cars would drive on the roads and if Protection is on, then tanks will be added during the disaster)
Protection On/Off (The people would get a fighting chance like shelters, Police, Military, etc.)
How strong the disaster should be (1 being as harmless as a rainstorm, 5 being normal, and 10 being evacuate the area immediately)
Unleash Hell (this means have everything going on at once and I'm pretty certain the game would crash)
If I ever receive the opportunity to make the game, I don't intend it to be all about destruction but rather about educating about how prepared we would actually be in such disasters like the ones we face all the time every year to the "What If" hypothetical disasters.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 8:21 pm

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
The ending reveals that you are indeed the villain that has been killing these "innocent" aliens who were only defending your home...

I always thought that would be funny...there are a lot of games out there where the enemies aren't really attacking you or anything, and you're just murdering them, unprovoked.

I know there was this really bad Pitfall game for the GBA (I think it was), and I actually found it much more enjoyable when you avoid killing all the poor little animals and insects.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 8:28 pm

my games concepts are like my secondary children.

I don't discuss them unless legal contracts are involved.

Evinceo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2012, 10:53 pm

I learned to program because I wanted to design games. Then I found out that for the most part, programmers don't get to write or design big-budget games any more then construction workers get to be architects.

Oodain wrote:
the latest crytek engine is fairly nice to work in, the tools are free as is the engine as long as it is non profit,
you can use .lua to do almost anything you want, the graphical side of it is fairly complex and models and animations can be a real pain to get working.

I'd have to disagree there-I'm watching PGI fail to make MWO on the cryEngine despite a large team and massive amounts of money. The problems they have are ones that should be solved at the engine level, such as networking and hit detection.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 6:11 am

There's nothing to stop you from starting up a small team and making your own game, though. Especially with the Internet at your disposal, you won't even need to move halfway across the country.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 10:18 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
There's nothing to stop you from starting up a small team and making your own game, though. Especially with the Internet at your disposal, you won't even need to move halfway across the country.

Exactly! Have you seen Pier Solar for the Mega Drive (and soon for XBLA?). It's amazing and a Brazilian dude started it all off!

SportyStarfish
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2012, 8:55 am

Sanctus wrote:
I have a lot of ideas for video games in my head. Usually whenever I get a new one, I create an epic story and a big universe in my head, and then I'll feel kinda frustrated because I can't make it "real". I mean, when you have a "normal" story in mind you can just write it down (even if you're not the best writer), but some stories just don't work properly as a simple, linear story and you can't just sit down and write your own game. Well you could, but it would take ages and you'll need a lot of knowledge first.

Right now I'm almost obsessed with an idea for a big RPG. I have the story and the most important characters in my head and I "play" it in my mind sometimes, like a daydream. I even thought of a name, "Children of Fate". I think it would even be pretty successfull if actually done as a game. And it's so frustrating that I can't just sit down and program it myself. :D

If you want, share some of your own game ideas here...

DUDE I do the same thing! I come up with some pretty awesome ideas for video games and comic books but getting them down on papper exactly the way you see it in your mind is so difficult. Even trying to verbaly explane my ideas to other people is pretty hard too. I thought about looking into any online classes or something that would help improve my writting but I'll have to put that on hold until I get a computer (I'm on xbox ie). Anyway heres my idea.
btw I haven't been getting much sleep lately and sleep deprivation causes me to make spelling errors plus theres no spell check on xbox. please ignore them as they come.
My idea starts out with a ghosts with her human son Oblio and pack of seven wild cats. They are fleeing from sirens who's screems can tare people apart or cause horrible nightmares. One night Oblio was ambushed by a siren who let out a terrible screech in his face. Oblio's eyes burst in their sockets, his ears were deafend, and toutch was numbed. Suddenly Beta one of the seven wild cats came to Oblio's rescue and attacted the siren with a very angry swat to the face, causing her head to fly off her body. The Ghost Mother appered, materializing before her son and healed him with her spirital enegy but his three sences were still gone. Then she did what any true mother would do by sacrificing her eyes to her son could see again, by sacrificing her ears so her son could hear, and finaly she sacrificed her toutch to cure Oblio of his numbness. As the Ghost Mother finished restoring her son's sences she simply vanished. Oblio wasn't sure why his mother would just fade away but deep down inside he knew somehow that he would never see her again.
Well thats all I got for, and agian please ignore my spelling errors and poor grammer. I should try to get some sleep righ now but I have work in about 2 1\2 hours because I got a morning shift dumped on me yesterday soooo I'm going to pound some energy drinks now.

Ryvandur
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Nov 2012, 7:18 pm

While I'm sorta good at programming, my main problems are that I suck at drawing/modelling/etc. and I tend to have trouble fleshing out my stories and ideas.

Anyway, my favorite idea is one I've been cooking up since I was about 16. It's an RPG set in the near future that plays similar to the first two Fallout games. The plot is that an alien faction, bent on dominating your home planet, has sent a series of mind-control probes to enslave the populace. However, they only manage to take over the minds of 95% of the population. All the player really knows is that most people around the world have become incredibly violent lately; the alien mind-control thing is discovered later.

You and the rest of your party are part of the remaining 5%. The game has you investigating what is causing people to go psycho, helping your survivor group form alliances with others, and exploring buildings to gather supplies for your group. While doing this, you start to learn of what makes you immune to the mind-control: the remaining 5% are what are known as "casters". Casters have somewhat enhanced intellects and latent psionic powers, which they learn to make use of during the events of the game. This psionic potential is what makes them resistant to mind control.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 8:35 pm

Not an in depth thought, but I have been enjoying the Dragonball Z series again. I would love for an RPG game to be made for the current generation with a different story that still feels inline with the main series with you controlling your own created character in the game. The current beat em up games look pretty good, so those elements could still be used for the fighting sequences. Probably never happen, but I can dream!

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 5:28 pm

i like the feel of how gaming can be movie like clusters with some interesting documentary and visual aspects of how a game should act like. a lot of shooters lack it after a while. mass effect trilogy really did the trick;open based exploration and character acquiring. really awesome to see more story like structures like that to the extent of imagination and creativity to full power of knowledge knowing the game concepts and transparency included to allow more than what meets the eye.

Sauceball
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jan 2013, 12:26 am

I don't want anyone taking my ideas, bit let's just say that it involves a guy disappearing on a cold night.

OMGitsKenny
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 2:18 am

Colinn wrote:
Not an in depth thought, but I have been enjoying the Dragonball Z series again. I would love for an RPG game to be made for the current generation with a different story that still feels inline with the main series with you controlling your own created character in the game. The current beat em up games look pretty good, so those elements could still be used for the fighting sequences. Probably never happen, but I can dream!

I think they're doing something like that for the new South Park game coming out in May. It's an RPG with your created character going through the story. Looks great and the trailer is hilarious!

As for game ideas, I have plenty of ideas for games, just I don't know who to trust with them. I think these ideas will sell amazingly.