This song spoke right to me.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 6:48 pm

This thread has a strong Christian theme, and deals with personal sin. If you are offended by these subjects, or are here to attack me based on my faith, please stop reading now. If you want to criticise how I handled the relationship, I am open to it, any criticism will help me do better next time, if there is one.

I swear this particular song is speaking right to me. Ill explain
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wo26sCH-Fw[/youtube]

Quote:
It's the second glance that ties your hands as darkness pulls the strings

Every time I turn on the TV or go out in public im confronted with images of beautiful women that cause unholy thoughts for me, and i always take that second glance

Quote:
Its a slow fade when you give yourself away...when black and white turn to gray

I never notice im on a slippery slope until ive almost hit the bottom. Where the lines of right and wrong blur and i try to justify my sinfulness.

Quote:
thoughts invade choices made, a price will be paid when you give yourself away people never crumble in a day

My ex girlfriend comes to mind. I was in such a hurry to lose my virginity (earlier this year, im 25), that i never considered the consequences, no form of "protection" could protect me from all the troubling thoughts. I was ready to rush into marriage with her even though we had been together for less than a month at the time.

Quote:
when flattery leads to compromise the end is always near

Again, I cite my ex. All that mattered to me was trying to please her, even at my loss. I was ready to compromise my stance on waiting until marriage to have children. I cashed out my 401k to buy her a car, 8 days later, we were no longer together. We had been together less than two months at that point.

Quote:
be careful little lips what you say, for empty words and promises lead broken hearts astray

I promised her we would be together forever, that nothing could separate us. She came to me damaged from past relationships, I promised her I would make everything all better even though I didnt have the faintest clue how. I caused her even more emotional damage.

Quote:
be careful if you think you stand you just might be sinking

I felt like i had conquered everything negative in my life when i met her, i felt like i was finally standing, i could not have been more wrong. The foundation i was standing on was made of sand, when it started raining, the sand turned to mud and I began sinking fast.

Quote:
be careful little eyes what you see for the Father up above is looking down in love

As always, God had my back, He led me out of the sin I had caused, gave me a path to repentance, and I pray He is working in her life to restore her.

The relationship was officially ended by me, but I think I simply made the move before she could. At that time i was working seven days a week, she was working five. When my vacation ended we literally had three hours a week that we could spend together. She had two days off but for some reason, the only time we could both be away from work at the same time, she wanted to spend with her mother.

I think she felt guilty about accepting the money for the car from me, even though i made it clear that it was a gift freely given, with absolutely no strings attached. I had other plans for that money, stuff i needed, but by trying to please her, i let it cloud my judgement.

Blammo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Oct 2012, 6:50 pm

Wow. Pretty heavy story.

But seems like you've learned a lesson. Good lessons are costly.

Your Aspie score: 121 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200 You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits