Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2006, 10:25 am

(seemed appropriate since many aspies feel they like to be alone alot)

(NB. had to type this out cos there are no decent versions on the net..DOH...so..sorry for spelling mistakes)

ON THE WAY OF THE CREATOR:

Is it your wish, my brother, to go into solitude? Is it your wish to seek the way to yourself?
Then linger a moment, and listen to me.
'He who seeks, easily gets lost. All loneliness is guilt' - thus speaks the herd. And you have long
belonged to the herd. The voice of the herd will still be audible in you. And when you will say 'I no
longer have a common conscience with you' it will be a lament and an agony. Behold, this agony itself
was born of the common conscience, and the last glimmer of that conscience still grows on your
affliction.

But do you want to go the way of your affliction, which is the way to yourself? Then show me your
right and your strength to do so. Are you a new strength and a new right? A first movement? A
self-propelled wheel? Can you compel the very stars to revolve around you?
Alas, there is so much lusting for the heights! There are so many convulsions of the ambitious. Show
me that you are not one of the lustful and ambitious.

Alas, there are so many great thoughts which do no more than a bellows: they puff up and make
emptier. You call yourself free? Your dominant thought I want to hear, and not that you have escaped
from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? There are some who threw
away their last value when they threw away their servitude.

Free from what? As if that mattered to me! But your eyes should tell me brightly: free FOR what?

Can you give yourself your own evil and your own good and hang your own will over yourself as law?
Can you be your own judge and avenger of your law? Terrible it is to be alone with the judge and
avenger of one's own law. Thus is a star thrown out into the void and into the icy breath of solitude.

Today you are suffering from the many, being one: today your courage and your hopes are still whole.
But the time will come when solitude will make you weary, when your pride will double up and your
courage gnash its teeth. And you will cry, 'I am alone!! !' The time will come when that which seems
high to you will no longer be in sight, and that which seems low will be all-too-near; even what
seems sublime to you will frighten you like a ghost. And you will cry, 'All is false!'

There are feelings which want to kill the lonely; and if they do not succeed, well, then they
themselves must die. But are you capable of this - to be a murderer?

My brother, do you know the word 'contempt' yet? And agony of your justice - being just to those who
despise you? You force many to relearn about you; they charge it bitterly against you. You came close to them and yet passed by: that they will never forgive. You pass over and beyond them: but the higher you ascend, the smaller you appear to the eye of envy. But most of all they hate those who fly.

'How would you be just to me?' you must say, 'I choose your injustice as my proper lot. 'Injustice and filth they throw after the lonely one: but, my brother, if you would be a star, you must not shine less for them because of that.

And beware of the good and the just!! They like to crucify those who invent their own virtue for themselves - they hate the lonely one. Beware also of holy simplicity! Everything that is not simple it considers unholy; it also likes to play with fire - the stake. And beware also of the attacks of your love! The lonely one offers his hand too quickly to whomever he encounters. To some people you may not give your hand, only a paw: and I desire that your paw should also have claws. (raow eheh)

But the worst enemy you can encounter will always be you, yourself; you lie in wait for yourself in caves and woods.

Lonely one, you are going the way to yourself. And your way leads past yourself and your seven devils. You will be a heretic to yourself and a witch and a soothsayer and fool and doubter and unholy one and a villain. You must wish to consume yourself in you own flame: how could you wish to become new unless you had first become ashes!!

Lonely one, you are going the way of the creator: you would create a god for yourself out of your seven devils.

Lonely one, you are going the way of the lover: yourself you love, and therefore you despise yourself, as only lovers despise. The lover would create because he despises. What does he know of love who did not have to despise precisely what he loved.

Go into your loneliness with your love and with your creation, my brother; and only much later will justice limp after you.

With my tears go into your loneliness, my brother. I love him who wants to create over and beyond himself and thus perishes.

Thus spoke Nietzsche.

Last edited by Deutha on 14 Dec 2006, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2006, 1:51 pm

Wow, you couldnt have posted that for us to read (me in particular) in better timing. I had a rough night last night thinking all about loneliness and the road it has taken me on. Its been extremely rough in solitude as I live miles upon miles from what I knew. I truely am alone in a wilderness that is my new city and everyday poses a new challenge. I conquer one thought and am stuck with another but I see an end, I just dont know whats there. (no not suicide)

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2006, 8:05 am

Some of the Nietzsche's ideas I don't really agree with. But, I also think that Nietzsche can be interpreted in different ways. And I suspect he'd kind of want that.

Many people use Nietzsche as an excuse to be jerks. But in truth I think these people are not ones for introspection, nor asking questions.

I think that it is part of humanity itself, a need to be connected to others. I do not think it is healthy to try and remove that yourself. Even in one like a sociopath where in their own mind they do not care about people, so much about being human revolves around this. In otherwords, such people are missing a piece. They are not better.

But then, there is something to be said for fighting such a hard struggle even if people do try and keep you down. The need for connection may seem like it's limiting one as they suffer because they do not have it and it hurts, but so too is suffering part of being human. It helps us grow and become stronger. Furthermore, when/if you do make a connection, so will it mean more. Because you're more. What does it matter the feeling that two drones hold for each other? It can't even honestly be called love, because love is something that holds power.

But when two powerful people collide? That's significant. Affection? Wrath? Now they exist. It means something now.

And I'm kind of tempted to talk in grand metaphor's too, but I think it may be lost on some of the people :P

Me, I believe in advancing beyond people, but not separating ones humanity. Often weakness is strength.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2006, 12:50 am

I've read that before several times, but whenever I hear it I think Neiztche's ghost must be following me around with a camera... lol.... But that's the problem, once you start flying you wanna fly higher and higher and higher.... The higher you get, the more disconnected you become. And connectedness is ultimately what your starving for. So it rips you apart and you go mad from the pain and confusion.... Yeah, you'll gain the knowledge of a god, but at what cost? Worse than that, it's an addiction.... The more you know, the more you wanna know, or in other words (as I stated earlier) "the higher you fly, the higher you wanna fly"..... And, sometimes this can suck the will to live dead out of you...... Neitztche was a genius.