Marijuana legalization on the ballot in three states.

Page 1 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 7:37 pm

The wording of Measure 80 in Oregon on the 2012 ballot reads as if they took the lyrics from my 1990 song Legalize to draft their proposed law! They mention the industrial uses including paper, the medical uses, and that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both grew and endorsed cannabis.

The following video is from a live performance of this song last night:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4DhrDCKRY8[/youtube]

About twenty minutes ago I talked by telephone to the people behind Measure 80 and offered them the use of this video. It might be on their TV show tomorrow, Cannabis Common Sense!

Last edited by TheBicyclingGuitarist on 25 Oct 2012, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 7:43 pm

Hopefully, in those three states, reason prevails over rhetoric and legalization occurs.

You will reap what you've sown.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 7:55 pm

I was shocked it was defeated the last time, I'm sick of this underground market and long distance dispensary runs.

http://vimeo.com/23127550#at=0

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 8:05 pm

I just voted yes on measure 502 (washington), but a lot of MMJ patients are against it because it sets a legal limit for vehicle operation which according to them would keep them off the road for weeks after use. I'm willing to compromise.

25 Oct 2012, 8:13 pm

Where is ValentineWiggin? Let's hear her chime on this and what an outrage that there is a push to legalize pot since it causes schizophrenia! :lol:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

25 Oct 2012, 8:29 pm

It looks like it has a decent chance of passing in Washington and Colorado but Oregon unfortunately seems less likely. The laws aren't perfect either but a start.

Once the the first domino falls, the rest will surely follow tho.

The federal government will assuredly sue any state that legalizes it tho, you'll have a big battle over states rights.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 8:36 pm

I think it should be legalized...but the thing is even if it does pass and any of these states mine included do vote to legalize I am sure the feds are likely to crack down hard. I imagine there will be protests, only a bus ride a way if I want to join in on the basis of the feds trampling states rights without viable cause.

The reasons it was made illegal are BS, I could have a sign that says...'What's so dreadful about the dread 'marihuana' again exactly?' or something like that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 8:44 pm

MDD123 wrote:
I just voted yes on measure 502 (washington), but a lot of MMJ patients are against it because it sets a legal limit for vehicle operation which according to them would keep them off the road for weeks after use. I'm willing to compromise.

I'm in Washington, and I voted yes on 502, too. And I don't even smoke pot!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 8:47 pm

Pot can trigger LSD flashbacks.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 9:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
MDD123 wrote:

I'm in Washington, and I voted yes on 502, too. And I don't even smoke pot!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Much Appreciated 8)

AspieRogue wrote:
Where is ValentineWiggin? Let's hear her chime on this and what an outrage that there is a push to legalize pot since it causes schizophrenia!

Do you remember last year when we were all talking about space exploration and she just came out of nowhere and told us to focus on other problems instead? Just let the excitement build up, she'll know what to do.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 9:46 pm

It's on the ballot here in Arkansas this year,the first southern state,I doubt if it passes.Certain areas here are real conservative.Medical use only.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 9:56 pm

pot can cause schizophrenia.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 10:10 pm

I have no desire to use it, but I would vote to legalize it were it on the ballot in my state.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 10:27 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
pot can cause schizophrenia.

breathing the crap in the air can cause cancer, but not everyone can live outside a city/highly populated area. Or perhaps cause is too strong of a word contribute seems to work a little better in both cases.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 26 Oct 2012, 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 5:24 am

I believe a forensic scientist (Richard Saferstein) once pointed out that putting Marijuana on schedule I (the big bad) of the Controlled Substances Act has overburdened forensic labs in the US to the point where they have to assign lower priorities to more serious crimes.

Clearly, hippies are a greater menace to US society than serial killers...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 12:33 pm

No one has o.d. on it and died,more deaths from aspirin.Many legal drugs have terrible side effects.Xanax makes me have horrible racing thoughts,Lamictal can cause a fatal condition called Steven Johnson syndrome,Depakote raised my cholesterol to 460,Seroquel gave me horrible leg cramps,and I had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic.It's true that for some people it causes paranoia,with some bi-polar patients it can worsen some symptoms.
Source: Manic-Depressove Illness by Frederick K. Goodwin,Kay Redfeild Jamison,page218
But other drugs can also do this,it is more benign that other drugs out there amd no one should be in jail for having it.For many people it's the only alternative they have.And it would be a great releif to the tax payer if all who were incarcerated for pot were released,let's get those people back to their families.Plus you can make clothes from it,oils,animal feed(canaries sing better when feed hemp seeds),it dos'nt require the use of strong agricultural products,dos'nt deplete the soil like some crops,it could really be a benefit.