Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2008, 7:51 am

I used to walk on my toes more as a child, but don't anymore.

A bit off topic, but I knew somebody who looked like he had nails wedged in his shoes. He would would like an ostrich when he walked fast. :lol:

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 9:21 pm

I do it sooooo much. I have done it as a kid and my aide would always tell me to stop.

I like doing it because my feet feel lighter and it feels good.

Annaliina
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Aug 2013, 9:28 pm

SteveK wrote:
paulsinnerchild wrote:
I notice it when I am standing in a queue as I mechanically keep lifting myself up of my heels and balancing on my toes then dropping down again in a repetitive rocking motion and the one thing I observed recently was that I was the only one in the queue doing it.

I do that sometimes also.

I guess nobody else does it when I actually think about it.

But, ya, I do this too.

Annaliina

07 Aug 2013, 9:30 pm

[quote="BeggingTurtle"]I do it sooooo much. I have done it as a kid and my aide would always tell me to stop.

I like doing it because my feet feel lighter and it feels good.[/quote

You too, huh?

I can't walk softly when I'm flat-footed. In fact, I walk all kinds of akward when I'm flat. I always feel like I have to balance the motion of going flat by going back up on my toes.

Shizzle
Raven
Raven

07 Aug 2013, 9:37 pm

i never walked on my toes, but my sister (also on the spectrum) did so constantly, throughout her early childhood...it drove me nuts, lol.

Forbidden_Donut

08 Aug 2013, 12:02 am

I've also done this, as far back as I can remember. The feeling of walking heel-toe with little to no padding is quite jarring. I tend to do a more toe-heel walk, rather than staying on my toes.

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 9:06 am

I've never walked on my toes. Sounds rather uncomfortable. I know a girl who walks on her toes though and she's not autistic. She's a very outgoing NT person who was in the "popular group" at my high school. Interesting.

aspieMD
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2013, 11:45 am

OddDuckNash99 wrote:
I'm just curious to see if any other Aspies out there walk on their toes. I didn't know this was a common autistic thing until just recently. I've always walked on my toes. It's more noticeable when I'm barefoot or when I'm walking up steps. I can walk flat when I'm wearing shoes, although I do walk on my toes quite frequently when I wear tennis shoes because I have to wear flat tennis shoes- I can't stand that sole thing inside "normal" tennis shoes. Just wondering if anybody else is a "toe walker." :D
-OddDuckNash99-

Same here.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 2:59 pm

I do that a lot, though I do it more often when I am at home. I did this since I was very little. I try to control my toe-walking when I am at work.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 3:02 pm

I do it all the time. It's more like the balls of my feet rather than the toes but it's just more springy especially when out running.

diablo77
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Aug 2013, 3:14 pm

Not always. Sometimes. But it's usually a thing I do when I'm in a calming/stimulating kind of space and not just when I'm walking around all the time.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 3:49 pm

I've done this all my life, though it has lessened during my teen and adult years. I'm very aware of when I do it - which is very occasionally.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 4:31 pm

i walk on my toes

Epsilon
Toucan
Toucan

08 Aug 2013, 6:22 pm

I am a digitigrade only when I'm walking with bare feet in my house, otherwise I've grown out of it.