Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Holmesian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Oct 2012, 5:44 pm

Hi.
Undiagnosed, for the simple reason that I'm only nineteen and when schools see 'autism' on your papers...hoo, boy. Mum and I didn't really want to put up with the added trouble that might bring, so we just let it alone.
Anyways, I'm a writer-anything and everything that strikes me as a worthy plot goes on paper-and a college student. I'm taking this semester off, though, because I ROYALLY messed up my schedule.
I'm a HUGE Sherlock Holmes nut, hence the name. I cried like a baby over the last episode of BBC's 'Sherlock'.
I like to think of myself as high-functioning, but making and keeping friends is hard, so here I am. Thank goodness for the internet! :)

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 8:48 pm

welcome to WP from another writer.

belikeh2o
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2012, 9:36 pm

if you're getting along happily i don't see the need for getting diagnosed.

with that being said, if you're experiencing difficulties due to your situation, it would be to your benefit to get a diagnosis. You may suffer from other underlying conditions as well as the unknowns that come with your specific wiring. I've had a lot of trouble in school recently, and it has been to my benefit to address the issue with my college. They have no right to treat you differently other than the accommodations you may need, (processing speed, attention deficit, high distractability, or social anxiety) You could raise your GPA and improve your sense of self with a proper diagnosis.

Holmesian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Oct 2012, 9:45 pm

Thanks, cathylynn!

belikeh2o, I think I'm doing fine. I'm in college now so there's really no point in bothering. And the school systems don't discriminate you or anything, but it's pretty hard to keep that sort of diagnosis personal, especially in a small school. When it comes to face-to-face interactions, I just don't want people freaking out. (Which can happen.)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 6:00 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

I'm a writer too.

nigdy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Oct 2012, 9:04 am

The Village of Writers [me being another one] . Just thought I'd say hi.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 11:02 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage