Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Maril
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2005, 9:51 am

I am often able to interpret what others may intend with people I know, like a friend of mum's met a man and he came to our house, I told my mother later that she should avoid him, because he was just using her to get a tighter grip on mums friend, he wanted to be her boyfriend. She said a few months later that he was totally psycopathic person.
But, I can't seem to interpret others intentions with myself, I often meet people who use me in some way, and are not able to tell until it's too late.

Anyone with the same experiences or ideas about this?

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2005, 9:56 am

In general, I can't interpret others intentions at all. I, like you, am often used or manipulated by people.

If you are not directly involved in a situation, it is often easier to see it from an outsider's perspective, which may be why you can see these things when dealing with other people, but not with yourself.

Maril
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2005, 3:09 pm

Yes, you are probably right. I am used to beeing an observer, so I might just be good at that.

It just seems like I interpret evrything to do with me the wrong way. Get into the wrong crowd in younger days, and now mostly keep away from people. Mostly I like to be alone, but it makes me sad too... Why is it so hard to find an honest friend?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2005, 1:27 am

I'm pretty good at seeing through people.

Look at peoples eyes- they are the window to the soul. Sometimes I just get gut feelings about people and they turn out to be right.

I think it might be to do with different kinds of energy people give off.

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2005, 8:33 am

I have trouble interpreting people, too. I am, unfortunately, quite easily used. I usually rely on the interpretations of my mom and sister, as anywhere I am they usually are, too! I can interpret people's intentions unrelated to me, usually. For example it is glaringly obvious to me when a guy likes my sister.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2005, 8:59 am

I have a hard time interpreting poeples intentions as well. Only my stories are a little different. when somebody tries to help me out in a way that I don't feel comfortable, I feel that they're out to get me. I burned a bridge with a certian Staff person at my Clubhouse, because I thought that there wasn't much about me that she liked. I told her that I confessed to her that I'm a Cockney Rebel just to be honest with her. A nicer way to put it would be a Fighter who's obsessed with London. Things were straightened out in the end. She told me that she wanted me to be honest with myself and not her. Things got a little better between us, but not much. I was more able to tolerate her.

TheDoorsOfPerception
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Mar 2005, 9:17 am

I'm really bad at interperating people's intentions with me...so many times i have been used to get to my friends or for a specific purpose and no matter what or how hard i try i can't seem to read anyone that gets involved with me

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2005, 10:18 am

Wow, this applies to me a lot. I'm pretty average at determining what people intend when they interact with me, but I'm disturbingly accurate at figuring out someone's character and intentions just from watching the way they interact with other people.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2005, 6:17 pm

Maril:

This is very easy for me.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2005, 9:02 pm

I know when I get used, but half the time I don't say anything because I don't want to cause a fuss.

Maril
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2005, 6:49 pm

Thanks for your answers, I hope I will find a way to see through people I have to deal with as well. I feel some anxiety in situations where i have felt used before. I am afraid of new contacts, people in general, really.

hale_bopp

Quote:
Look at peoples eyes- they are the window to the soul. Sometimes I just get gut feelings about people and they turn out to be right.

Yes, I do this, it seems like I can do this when I get a gut feeling about a person. But the looking at the eyes part becomes difficult when it's someone I know, or want to know. It is just confusing.

CockneyRebel
Quote:
when somebody tries to help me out in a way that I don't feel comfortable, I feel that they're out to get me.

I have burned a few bridges myself. I get very offensive sometimes. I guess sometimes when people mean well with their advices I see it like rude criticism.

ghotistix
Quote:
but I'm disturbingly accurate at figuring out someone's character and intentions just from watching the way they interact with other people.

Scary accurate sometimes. I have been like that since I was a child, maybe even more before than now. :)