Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

CindySara
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Oct 2012, 9:00 am

We (twin sisters Cindy and Sara) have had insomnia off and on since we were about 16, but over the past 8 months it's gotten so pervasive in our lives that we don't really have lives anymore. We have a hard time getting to sleep, staying asleep, and waking up at the same early hour (between 1:30 am and 3:00 am) no matter what time we go to sleep. We used to be vehement agaisnt any type of mediciation but we got so desparate for sleep that now we're addicted to trazodone and clonopin to get the minimum 6 hours (7 on good nights) of rest. One of us was hospitalized in April because the insomnia got so bad. We can't do any acitivites past 4 in the afternoon anymore because it takes so long before our crazy 7:00 bedtime to calm down enough to go to bed (our beds have become sources of severe dread). We really want to get off at least clonopin and try to have lives that don't revolve around worrying about sleep anymore. Does anyone else have this bad of insomnia issues? What's helped you in the past or present? (P.S.: We've tried intense exercise, sitting out in the sun more, Zoloft, Prozac, and herbal remedies like valerian and melatonin;melatonin works okay, but it's not very long lasting). Good luck sleeping all you fellow insomniacs out there :).

Bibleaspie777
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Oct 2012, 9:48 am

Hi I have it as well and my doc put me on remoron and it seems to work as for the Melatonin since it is a drug that your brain makes naturally you can usually take a little more than others BUT do be cautious because it still is a drug

Diagnosed when I was 13 did psych eval Beginning of this month I'm an Aspie still well ...DUH!! ! Thanks for the useless info doc.