Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 12:41 am

we have no dorms. we have apartments near campus instead. Lucky you(Ive wanted to live "on campus" more often).

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2013, 2:12 pm

91 wrote:
I have a room within an apartment, that exists within a doom. If you are an aspie, I suggest you avoid sharing space with other people. Am a semester and a half into this situation and the constant lack of privacy annoys the hell out of me.

The dorms are suite style at my university, kinda like you described. In my suite, there's a double and two singles, and one of the singles is mine. We share a bathroom, which is no big deal, since we're all girls. There are 8 suites on my floor, some have 2 singles and a double, some have 2 doubles and a single, and one has a triple and a double. My building is 26 floors and every two floors are paired into a "house", with a common area with a couch, some chairs, a TV, and a microwave (we're not allowed microwaves in our dorms, however we can have a mini fridge and a coffee machine/electric kettle).

I could never live in a traditional style dorm, where there are a bunch of rooms in a hallway, with a nasty communal bathroom. Ugh.