Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 6:46 pm

The only thing they have said officially is that the movie won't be based on any existing comics or books. We have no clue what(or who) the movie will be about.

With that said, some speculation. If they try and fit the movie in with the existing EU, and the original cast being older now, if they plan to do anything with Luke, Han, Leia and them(Poor Chewbacca...), even as a cameo, it would probably be something new that takes place 30-40 years after Return of the Jedi.

This is the furthest book in the timeline that features those characters. Taking place about 41 years after Return of the Jedi.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crucible_(novel)

Anything before that, Luke and the gang have been kind of busy. So it will either be new characters, and take place before that book. Or its something that takes place after that, in which case they could reuse members of the original cast, even if they are only a small role and may or may not be the main characters, they are getting kind of old. Not sure how old Han is supposed to be, but consider Luke was born at the end of Episode 3 and we know where in relation to the original movies that is(19 years before A New Hope). So 45 years after A New Hope, and Luke and Leia are around 64, Han being older than them as well.

So yeah, who knows. I guess its just wait and see at this point.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 7:06 pm

You know - - if I was in charge of a 7th Star Wars film, I'd put it in the years between Revenge Of The Sith, and A New Hope. That way, Darth Vader would still be da man, and you could have a truly dark movie that III was supposed to be.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

BobinPgh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2012, 1:14 am

blackelk wrote:
Dannyboy271 wrote:
WOAAAAHHH... That made tears come outa ma face!! ! But disney???? Disney isn't lucasfilms, they can't do the same job as George Lucas could, but then again he's kinda getting old... but then again Star Wars is kind of meant to end at 6... It's the end of the legacy... but I don't know... when Disney does stuff like this, they usually do a really really really good job with it... oh my woah... I don't know what to say... oh my woah.. Oh my woah... oh my woah...

THIS IS CRAZYY!! !! !! !! !

Star Wars should have ended at 3. The last 3 were terrible and a stain on the original.

Glad I am not the only one who thought Revenge of the Sith was sooooo boring. Showing my age, I liked original Star Wars best.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 1:34 am

Go watch the prequels with the idea in mind that Palpatine is the main character. In a way, the prequels are really all about him manipulating the galaxy, and I loved that. Yeah there was some dumb stuff(Jar Jar, midichlorians) and some horrible dialogue(Any of the love scenes from Episode 2 come to mind), but the stories were good and the action scenes still impressive.

Even if you don't like them, their existence does not immediately make the original trilogy somehow suck, and I am kind of getting sick of people treating it like that is the case. Anyone who treats them as the worst movies ever made must clearly not watch very many movies.

To be honest, I think my biggest disappointment with the prequels, was seeing Yoda fight with a lightsaber bouncing around like someone combined a ninja and a rabbit and gave it the hyperactivity of the average 5 year old. In my mind, Yoda, being around 900 years old or whatever, should have been to a point where his proficiency in the force had surpassed his need to stay physically agile. I would picture him having a belt with multiple lightsabers and he could just stand there controlling them all simultaneously telekinectically and be capable of attacking others and defending himself even while standing still or slowly walking towards his destination. But that isn't what we got.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 5:20 pm

eelektrik wrote:
The only thing they have said officially is that the movie won't be based on any existing comics or books. We have no clue what(or who) the movie will be about.

That's not entirely accurate. There have been earlier reports of episodes 7-9 since The Return of the Jedi was released in 1983 with George Lucas himself mentioning some ideas of what that trilogy would contain. Mark Hamill even said in an interview after the initial release of Return of the Jedi that he might appear again in episode 9. George Lucas only explicitly said that he wasn't going to make them in 1994 although Disney bought the treatments for those along with the rest of the Star Wars franchise.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 5:48 pm

One thing is for sure whether we want this movie or not (personally I'm half N half) the new trilogy should focus on the Skywalker family, though jedi aren't suppose to get married so I don't know if Luke might do that and have a son whom the films could be focused on. I heard in the expanded universe that Luke has a wife. Mara Jade I believe her name. I guess it could focus on the child or children of Han and Leia and since Leia is Luke's sister it's still kinda counts as Skywalker blood. Of course when you watch the whole saga the films are really about Darth Vader from childhood to his eventual death. I believe George Lucas said something like that or it was someone else I'm not sure. But when you think about it, it's about the Skywalker family and Han would be part of that family if he married Leia soon after and I guess Leia's full name would be Leia Organa Skywalker Solo. Still unsure if making another Star Wars film is a good idea but you never know. Just as long as there are no Jar Jars in the movies I'm OK.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 8:43 pm

Quick overview, tb:

In the EU, Luke Skywalker is indeed married; his wife, Mara Jade, was an untrained Force-sensitive who had been employed as a Hand of the Emperor, carrying out Palpatine's will. They first met when she tried to kill him, to avenge the Emperor. It worked out rather differently than she had at first planned. They had one child, Ben Skywalker, who has been trained as a Jedi. Also, Luke trained Mara in the ways of the Jedi, although it didn't entirely take. :)

Han and Leia did marry, and had three children; the twins, Jacen and Jaina, and their youngest, Anakin.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 10:10 am

This clip was from an interview with Mark Hamill in 1983, I think:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UGV7WVB-bA[/youtube]

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 4:27 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
You know - - if I was in charge of a 7th Star Wars film, I'd put it in the years between Revenge Of The Sith, and A New Hope. That way, Darth Vader would still be da man, and you could have a truly dark movie that III was supposed to be.

Sounds like a brilliant idea, there's already a fan film which is based on it called The Last Stand of the Jedi, however I don't know if there would be enough plot to fit into a full feature film.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A2DaAI5ZzE&feature=related[/youtube]

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 6:01 am

Wolfheart wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Sounds like a brilliant idea, there's already a fan film which is based on it called The Last Stand of the Jedi, however I don't know if there would be enough plot to fit into a full feature film.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A2DaAI5ZzE&feature=related[/youtube]

That was damn cool! But I do concede that I couldn't take the Imperial commander's Scottish accent all that seriously.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 12:04 pm

I was watching the Whitest Kids U Know and I just stumbled upon this sketch. If there comes a Seventh Star Wars, it better be better than this and NOT a prequel of the prequels or a continuation of the CGI Clone Wars.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_UtRsuIA-Y[/youtube]

I just thought of a title

Star Wars Episode VII: The Emperor's New Groove.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 4:50 pm

I heard rumours that Boba Fett might return. That would be cool and maybe he should get a bigger part. Heck he should be the main villain if say the plot revolves around the bunty hunters or something.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Nov 2012, 6:35 pm

From what I read in this thread this is what you guys sound like...

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 11:41 am

kxmode wrote:
From what I read in this thread this is what you guys sound like...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MajE0PcEoUU[/youtube]

Now it's in video. :)

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 2:08 am

Sheesh, why can't people just leave the saga as it is? Six films is enough! And Disney? No thank you.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 4:48 pm

noxnocturne wrote:
Sheesh, why can't people just leave the saga as it is? Six films is enough! And Disney? No thank you.

George Lucas originally planned nine films. In fact, some sources say it was twelve films at first before making it nine.