Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 9:32 pm

I don't understand why so many people on the internet hate emo kids. I don't like their music but emos don't bug me. The tend to be quiet when they are told.

I like goths even more. They seldom talk to me unless I want them to.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 10:48 pm

I'm not crazy about the bashing of any people.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 12:46 am

What's there not to understand? most of the kids who identify with the whole emo thing tend to be kids of rich parents who could have almost anything in the world they could ever want, but they piss and moan because they broke their 3rd ipod, and their dad decided he's not gonna buy them a 4th(or other similar things). I'm not saying that's always the case, but that seems to be the case more often than not. I have a very difficult time relating to, feeling sorry for, or liking a spoiled rich kid who's crying over something dumb like that.

NolleProsequi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Oct 2012, 12:51 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

And I've found they tend to have a more agreeable literary taste than emos. They are more inclined to read Lovecraft, Shelley and Poe than dross such as Twilight.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 3:40 pm

Emo is just another trend. I don't like trends, and I don't have much respect for people who follow trends for the sake of following a trend. I also don't agree with or engage in emo bashing, and I lose no respect for anyone who genuinely enjoys emo music and fashion. I used to listen to some emo music myself, but I've lost the taste for most of it.

JoeDirt
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Nov 2012, 8:29 am

I guess it could be a trend, but I know we had Emo's back in High School, and that was over 20 years ago. I mean look at Morrissey... Longer than a trend. :)

I don't really mind, it's their life and if they think it's that horrible- so be it.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 8:48 am

JoeDirt wrote:
I guess it could be a trend, but I know we had Emo's back in High School, and that was over 20 years ago.

It's a trend that's been reinvented. Emos were different back then, or so I've been told. Modern emos mostly seem to be scenesters who've latched on to emo, just like they latched on to metal and turned it into the abomination called metalcore.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 12:14 pm

I don't get it either. I just see it as another way of people bullying anyone that is different than them.

JoeDirt
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Nov 2012, 1:49 pm

One-Winged-Angel wrote:
It's a trend that's been reinvented. Emos were different back then, or so I've been told. Modern emos mostly seem to be scenesters who've latched on to emo, just like they latched on to metal and turned it into the abomination called metalcore.

That make sense... Thinking back, it was a little different, there really wasn't the makeup and stuff, just black clothes and playing cards in a hearse owned by one of my classmates after school.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 2:12 am

Have you ever actually met an emo?

I like goths too. My youngest daughter is straight up goth all the way through her cold black little soul. ;-) (A joke, because she jokes that way about stuff. She's actually a perky goth though in actions and a metal goth in appearance.)

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 2:57 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
I don't understand why so many people on the internet hate emo kids. I don't like their music but emos don't bug me. The tend to be quiet when they are told.

Emo - Like Gothic - is merely a state of mind, and they all eventually snap out of it.

BrokenBill
Toucan
Toucan

03 Nov 2012, 3:23 am

OliveOilMom wrote:

I like goths too. My youngest daughter is straight up goth all the way through her cold black little soul. ;-) (A joke, because she jokes that way about stuff. She's actually a perky goth though in actions and a metal goth in appearance.)

Our youngest daughter is affectionately known as 'the black child', and its nothing to do with her skin colour :)

You are very likely an Aspie

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 3:27 am

BrokenBill wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

Our youngest daughter is affectionately known as 'the black child', and its nothing to do with her skin colour :)

Mine's nickname is "Babybat".

BrokenBill
Toucan
Toucan

03 Nov 2012, 3:29 am

Love it :lmao:

You are very likely an Aspie

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 3:34 am

BrokenBill wrote:
Love it :lmao:

This morning when she went outside to wait on the school bus, she was disappointed that it wasn't cold because she loves cold weather and hates the hot weather. I told her "Awww Babybat, just remember that no matter what the temperature is outside, inside your soulless black little heart, it will always be freezing."

She hugged me and said "Thats why I love you" LOL!

She was completely aware that I was joking with her. We joke like that all the time. I have a touch of goth more often than not, and she calls me "pure evil" as a compliment. Not that actual evil is complimentary, but in this context what she means is.

She has also been the one to seriously promise me that at my funeral she will follow my wishes and as I'm being carried out of the church she will have "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" from the Wizard of Oz played because I'd really kind of like that. Who says a funeral has to be completely serious all the time?