Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 1:16 am

My roomate got offered a tv entertainment stand thing, by another friend whom we KNOW has a roach problem. I told her we should not because it prob had roaches, she said the style should not permitted. now we got a roach-infested center that we r struggling to get out of the house in the middle of the night! Not to mention it was covered in cat hair and we had to clean it.

yeah and auties need common sense. I TOLD them roaches live on anything!

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

02 Nov 2012, 1:40 am

Everyone makes mistakes in judgement. Just because a person is neuro-typical doesn't mean that their common sense is always kicking in.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 2:50 am

Problem is they never listen to me then expect me to be happy to help them fix the mess. I told them it was going to have roaches, I even showed them articles that talked about roaches and roach infestation and survivability. I wake up today and they are getting this thing in the house and THEN tell me they did not expect it to have them?

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 4:07 am

One has to look carefully when accepting that kind of thing: if it's worth or not.

Now that is too late, maybe you can try one of those roaches traps: Image

It doesn't need to be expensive to be very efficient.

I once had a cat who used to play with those insects and then... eat them!

It's a pity that the one(s) you found the hair on the thing didn't do the same, you would have been out of trouble.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 4:21 am

We are thinking of bombing the house.

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 4:31 am

You'll caugh!

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 4:31 am

What?

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 4:38 am

If you're bombing the house?

:lol: I was thinking you were telling about something like that: Image

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 4:52 am

There are these bug bombs that work like tear gas, you pull the pin they smog you run! I would not be doing it, prob one of the guys would.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 4:59 am

Did you think of cleaning it up and scrubbing it really good before taking it inside?

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 6:25 am

eric76 wrote:
Did you think of cleaning it up and scrubbing it really good before taking it inside?

that doesnt really have much to do with roaches though, they can live in crevices a few milimeters across so without dismantling it(depends on its complxity) there really isnt much way of being sure.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 1:14 pm

People have common sense for different things. I think I lack common sense in some things, but in other things I can be really quick and use my common sense straight away.

If somebody is using an idiom or some other form of a saying what I never heard of before, I can still use my common sense to figure if they are being literal or not. Like once when somebody asked ''were they pulling your leg?'', I hadn't really heard that phrase before, but I used my common sense by asking myself, ''I'm not going to take that literally because they obviously weren't grabbing my leg and pulling, they were teasing me instead, and so when that person asked that, it must have been another way of saying 'were they teasing you'?'' So I kind of figured that out for myself in the length of about 3-4 seconds.

Also once when my mum went shopping and told my dad that she will ring him to say she's finished so he can come and get her in the car, and the phone didn't ring for ages, and we all know it always has took my mum about 40 minutes to do all the shopping, and she always goes straight there (which is only up the road). My dad just sat back and said, ''she'll ring us when she's done, so don't worry.'' But I paced about near the phone for a bit then thought, ''it's been well over 40 minutes. Maybe her phone isn't working or something. I think we should go to the supermarket anyway to see if everything's all right.'' I had to explain that to my dad and we did go to the supermarket - and my mum was standing outside with the shopping trolley, full of shopping packed in bags, and she said exactly what I had thought, that her phone wasn't working. I had just used my common sense, but if it was up to my dad, he would of probably waited another hour, even then would have been reluctant to just turn up.

But in some ways, I can lack common sense.

kBillingsley
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Nov 2012, 1:24 pm

I have a sort of "uncommon sense." I can figure out how things work and understand pretty much any system with parts (electrical, mechanical, biological, etc.) fairly quickly but when doing a simple task like driving I will repeatedly follow my passengers' directions incorrectly. They tell me to use common sense to tell what they mean when they say "turn right here" or something of the like, but I am never certain where here is. I also cannot tell exactly what a person wants me to do when assigning me a task, except of course when my father tells me what to do. For some reason the way he says things registers better with me.

MrObvious
Raven
Raven

02 Nov 2012, 3:39 pm

Go to peopleofwalmart.com and see people with a lack of common sense regarding dressing, etc.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 11:32 pm

MrObvious wrote:
Go to peopleofwalmart.com and see people with a lack of common sense regarding dressing, etc.

I love those videos. They get me roaring with laughter. :lol:

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 4:37 am

I have fairly good common sense, and even grew up in a house that had lots of roaches, so I was familiar with roaches but I had no idea they would live in furniture you got from someone else.

Back in the 90s I had a friend with a very messy and nasty house. She had a really nice couch though and was buying a better one and she gave me the old one. I had no idea there would be roaches in it. We got roaches afterwards.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com