Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2012, 3:53 pm

Last year, my brother and I were hanging out with two girls from work in the city. We took the ferry over to Manhattan and we were all talking. I had slight crush on one of the girls and was thinking of asking her to my school's prom. However, her personality was a bit shallow, as she was talking about all these "cute" ex-boyfriends she dated and how she refused to date one of her friends because he didn't drink or party. While she and the other girl were laughing about what she said, I subtly leaned over to my brother and said, "Looks like I won't be asking her to prom." One of the girls noticed and asked what I said to him. Instead of making up something, my brother flat out said, "He wanted to take you out to his prom". It got REALLY awkward, as we all looked around the ferry and were completely silent. Then the girl said, "Yeah...I like to drink and party". I was so embarrassed, lol :lol: :oops:

Last edited by BlueElephantKing on 06 Nov 2012, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 8:59 pm

I think she got what she deserved. Yes, it was awkward for you, but she had the public embarrassment of people seeing that her own arrogance caused her to be rejected. She had been talking about who she would and wouldn't go out with, like it was entirely her choice, and what you said and your brother said was perfect I think. She learned that it's possible for her to be rejected instead of her just doing all the rejection. Good for you!

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

07 Nov 2012, 12:13 pm

I agree. That relationship wouldn't have lasted long! :lol:

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2012, 5:42 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
I agree. That relationship wouldn't have lasted long! :lol:

Definitely! You know what else was weird? Later on, she and the other girl would be talking about something and laughing, but once I added to the conversation, they would stop and talk to me with no enthusiasm.