Stop Lab Experimentation and Eating of Chimpanzees

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 4:46 pm

This is Pinkie. He is a rare albino chimpanzee who was brought to the Tachgama Chimpanzee Sanctuary in Sierre Leone.

He was accepted into a normal Chimpanzee Troop and here is getting some help walking from a friend.

Here a male grooms him. Pinkie passed away recently in the sanctuary.

Chimpanzees are endangered animals and suffering most from encroachment into their natural habitat by foriegn owned logging companies. Poachers use the new roads to access the Chimpanzees and other apes and monkeys which are much in demand as 'Bush Meat' in local and foreign exotic markets. Almost 2000 are also used in western laboratories to experiment on.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 6:57 pm

To me, eating chmpanzees is too close to consuming human flesh. The risk of contracting Kuru from consuming either meat is enough for me to not want to eat "bush-meat." Dr. Daniel Gajdusek's research indicated that the degenerative disease, which was determined to have originated among cannibals, was able to be transmitted from human to chimpanzee and vice versa.

Last edited by CyborgUprising on 06 Nov 2012, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 10:15 pm

Kuru and also the extremely deadly Ebola can result from eating certain primates.

Chimps are our closest relatives and share 98% of the same DNA. So yes, eating them is something akin to cannibalism. We both, as do all other primates descend from the same ancestor, and are but different branches.

Chimps and other apes have intelligence, emotions and I consider it barbaric to conduct invasive and toxic research on them like they did on people in the Nazi concentration camps.

(Edit Note: Add pretty girl pic for CyborgUprising)
:lol:

Last edited by Toy_Soldier on 07 Nov 2012, 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2012, 4:16 am

But theyre so damn tasty....

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

insta: rocco19831

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 6:06 am

roccoslife wrote:

But you'd taste like an Jack Ass I bet.

And more proof humans are the worst parasites on earth.

Last edited by Toy_Soldier on 07 Nov 2012, 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 6:43 am

roccoslife wrote:

i prefer orangutans personally. Nice and crispy on an open fire pit rotisarrie.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 7:25 am

Meaniepoos!

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 7:32 am

There is a lot of animal cruelty around, especially towards apes. I read an article once that said that 80% of men spank their monkey!

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 8:13 am

Solvejg wrote:
roccoslife wrote:

i prefer orangutans personally. Nice and crispy on an open fire pit rotisarrie.

Hope you get Ebola.

Last edited by Toy_Soldier on 07 Nov 2012, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2012, 8:23 am

On a serious note though, lab experimentation with chimps is an unfortunate necessity, Would you rather they test unrefined drugs on humans? Thats the sort of thing the nazis did during WW2

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 8:29 am

TallyMan wrote:
There is a lot of animal cruelty around, especially towards apes. I read an article once that said that 80% of men spank their monkey!

So sad that they either can't find a lover or prefer to love themselves, but that is the majority of our pestilental race.

But I can't relate cause I am the 20%.

Bon Jour!

Last edited by Toy_Soldier on 07 Nov 2012, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 8:44 am

roccoslife wrote:
On a serious note though, lab experimentation with chimps is an unfortunate necessity, Would you rather they test unrefined drugs on humans? Thats the sort of thing the nazis did during WW2

I don't believe it should be done on any people or animals involuntarily.

I just don't buy that its ok to purposely injure animals. give them diseases, etc, to try drugs or just study effects. Not to even mention for such 'necessities' as cosmetics.

Why is it ok to kill animals, especially such intelligent and feeling ones, at will for our benefit? Are they our slaves ? Our property ? Do they not have the right to not being killed or tortured if it benefits us, or even just entertains us (animal fighting 'sports').

Where does this sick belief come from ?

Pinkies life is as valuable to me as yours and I might trade yours for his if I was magically given the chance. Because Pinkie was given only a very short life, never harmed anyone & wasn't an ass. Not sure about you. I know you can't tell a book by its cover, but Pinkie looks a lot more intelligent then many people I know.

P.S Your country is among the handfull compassionate & intelligent enough to make testing on Apes illegal. Mine and most others have not.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 10:47 am

It should only by done on human volunteers. Because at the end of the day these drugs are being used on humans, and what works one way on a human body might be quite different on the body of a different species.

I love Pinkie btw, I don't know much about him but the photos are adorable!

And while we're on the subject, aren't bonobos just the coolest?

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2012, 12:57 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:
Pinkies life is as valuable to me as yours and I might trade yours for his if I was magically given the chance. Because Pinkie was given only a very short life, never harmed anyone & wasn't an ass. Not sure about you. I know you can't tell a book by its cover, but Pinkie looks a lot more intelligent then many people I know.

You do know that chimps are ridiculously violent animals, right? As in they literally rip each other and other monkey species to bits in fights over territory and its common for them to actually eat other monkeys after they kill them.

Theyre not this wonderful species of peace loving hippies that spend their whole lives sat in a tree braiding each others fur and reading monkey poetry to each other.

A chimp would kill/maim you as soon as lay eyes on you.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 1:01 pm

They can be violent and warlike and downright awful, but are mostly neutral in behaviour, like us really. We're capable of both depraved and nice things but spend most of our time just plodding along, same thing with chimps.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 2:19 pm

roccoslife wrote:
You do know that chimps are ridiculously violent animals, right? As in they literally rip each other and other monkey species to bits in fights over territory and its common for them to actually eat other monkeys after they kill them.

Theyre not this wonderful species of peace loving hippies that spend their whole lives sat in a tree braiding each others fur and reading monkey poetry to each other.

A chimp would kill/maim you as soon as lay eyes on you.

Comparing them to hippies is as incorrect as comparing them to murderous psychopaths. These are more human developed behaviors. I also think you exaggerate the frequency and level of agressive behavior in Chimpanzees. Surely chimps are far below the level of irrational violence that humans have achieved in all their intelligence.

Do you think Chimpanzees deserve to be used as live subjects for experiments to benefit man because of their behavior ? Then you would have to include most of the rest of living creatures including cats dogs and birds as well as lions, bears and wolves. Some of these are in fact used, cats in particular. Healthy cats have their heads crushed and then experimented on live with potential anti brain swelling drugs.

But going back to Chimps, only 1.4% difference in DNA seperates us from them. They are closer to us then to the other apes actually when it comes to DNA. From a common ancestor one indivisual led to us and likely its brother or sister led to them (Chimps). They are simply our closest relative, but not special in deserving protection against use in harmful experiments or erradication. All animals deserve that to my mind. Chimps are special in that their closeness to us makes them a favorite subject of medical experimentation. But in a sense its like killing your cousin to take body parts to save your brother, because the organs have the best chance of not being rejected.

They are different from us, but again where does this concept that you can do anything you like to other animals come from ?