Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

scmnz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Nov 2012, 8:33 am

Let's say a complete stranger keeps walking up to you in school, you don't know their name, don't share any classes and have never spoken to them except these encounters, and tells you on a daily basis that you talk too much, are very annoying, are worthless etc. Are they simply being mean for the sake of beinging mean, or do they legitimately believe the things they are saying somehow?

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 9:23 am

I'd prob punch them in the face.

Destidude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Nov 2012, 9:42 am

Anyone who engages in such obnoxious behaviour is likely to have a psychological disorder of his/her own.

Watilla
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Nov 2012, 11:30 am

Some people will go about projecting their own problems onto others instead of looking inwardly and taking some responsibility. It sounds very much like this complete stranger cannot entertain themselves, either.

If they're truly that bothered, why the need to keep being in that other persons presence? :wink:

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 2:58 pm

Complete stranger? I would say it is somebody that knows you that is daring someone to go up to you and say those hurtful things.

gassy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Nov 2012, 7:33 pm

scmnz wrote:
Let's say a complete stranger keeps walking up to you in school, you don't know their name, don't share any classes and have never spoken to them except these encounters, and tells you on a daily basis that you talk too much, are very annoying, are worthless etc. Are they simply being mean for the sake of beinging mean, or do they legitimately believe the things they are saying somehow?

I would of probably at first say Thankyou, thats very kind of you. Then I'd ask why would they say that? - if they dont answer satisfactorally then id punch them in the stomach.

Though if you don't think punching him would help, then i'd try and find out who is telling him to ask the question, as like someone else posted, odds are that if you think other students believe this also, then somebody else is telling him to say those things.

Either way don't get visually angry, or upset and try not let it bother you when he's saying those things, it will probably make things worse.

VAGraduateStudent
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2012, 11:44 pm

This person is bullying you. He or she doesn't like the way you do things and is trying to make you feel bad. Are you trying to find out the motivations of this person or are you asking what you should do?

Usually people deal with either side of this issue (understanding or figuring out what to do) by just looking up "bullying" on the Internet or by referencing bullying situations on TV or in movies. That's how we learn how to be a bully, how to understand bullies, and how to deal with a bully.

There are actually some very good threads on this issue here on WP.

You said this has happened more than once. I'd be interested to know how you replied/reacted and what kind of effect this had.