Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Adolphaxxx
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Nov 2012, 3:12 pm

When I'm at school, I get very stressed, very easily. I am getting so stressed at the moment, as we are doing controlled assessments. I sit in these lessons getting so stressed, feeling myself getting right to the edge. I'm really worried that Im going to go over the edge and have a breakdown in the middle of a lesson. Listening to music normally calms me down, but I was trying that today, and I was so stressed it didnt work. Please help. :cry:

Adolphaxxx

blue1skies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Nov 2012, 11:27 pm

I wish I knew :( When I'm at school, I frequently grind my teeth together so hard I fear they might shatter! The best solution is to distract yourself from whatever is bothering you, but I know for an Aspie that can be difficult as we dislike background interference. If you have a friend, try talking to them about something else to get your mind off the problem. Think about your current interest or practice a language in your head. I count in Italian when I am stressed about something. If it really becomes unbearable, excuse yourself to the bathroom and then release all your emotion there! Provided no one else is there, of course.
Good luck - I completely understand your plight.

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2012, 11:42 pm

Get my mind to function on something else that I am not working on gets me to calm down.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 5:55 am

take a timeout; what works for me is taking a toilet break. i then lock myself in a booth and stim out all the stress i have built up, trough music, rocking, flapping, whatever i feel is needed