A big head's up you should know about me

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2012, 2:35 am

[b][i] I am the type of person who is even harassed by people with the same disorders as me who was targeted by ignorant people.
When they don't understand I am probably not the most intelligent person and sometimes things are very complicated for me to explain.
That means I may give you information that is a little false but I'm trying to give you the truth of best I can. I do look up my information and I do try but sometimes my brain cannot understand even though my brain processes it like I can. I have multiple disorders in some things are not yet understood because I have no true diagnosis. So my words to you if you are reading this is not to offend you but for you to know do not insult me or harassed me over any type of subject I will not respond if I am feeling targeted or hated. And if you don't agree or understand you can mail me in private and asked the questions there. I still ask for you to be polite and use manners. I have been bullied online and off-line half my life and I don't put up with it not from anyone. I also take your emotions online wrongly so it's nice to sometimes add a little smiley face so I realize if you're trying to be nice or not. I'm not saying that I can not process or understand emotions. I actually can understand them in a good amount offline but sometimes they get confusing. So it all depends. But online is very complicated for me to understand and very complicated for me to get it. So be patient and understanding. Thank you :)

"listed here is what I don't respond to"

1: "Harassment or ignorance over spelling issues"
2: "Anyone who I assume is targeting me over my IQ or answer's"
3: "anyone who I think is to be emotional for me to understand them"
4: "anyone who accuses me of being wrong when they have not completely understood my wording"
if I am not answering you for any of these problems and you do not think you have done anything just e-mail me and I will respond to you explaining why I didn't answer I don't mean to be rude I just play safe so I don't end up being bullied.

ChrisP
Toucan
Toucan

09 Nov 2012, 3:19 am

My first reaction to your post was 'why is this guy being so defensive', but when I read on I thought 'he's describing ?most, or even ?all of us'. Personally I'm glad you wrote this, and want to thank you for your honesty. We are all different, and respond to different things in different ways, but as I see it there are some good principles illustrated here.

When it comes to communication, none of us here are as smart as we might think we are. We are all capable of 'coming over wrong', and hurting others as a result. God, grant us the gift of hearing our words as others are going to hear them!

Verbal sword-fighting is a great game, but make sure the other guy is armed and wanting to play fight as well, and spell out that it is a game you are after, not a fight to beat him. The person we try to provoke to fight us may be preoccupied with trying to stop the emotional bleeding from a previous fight. Whether play or serious, those previous wounds may still hurt.

We've all suffered from the unkindness of those who cannot/will not understand us. That should prompt us to deal extra kindly with one another? 'Keep your words sweet: you may need to eat them'.
:D

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 3:54 am

ChrisP wrote:
When it comes to communication, none of us here are as smart as we might think we are. We are all capable of 'coming over wrong', and hurting others as a result. God, grant us the gift of hearing our words as others are going to hear them!

I'm actually quite impressed with the overall high degree of written language skills shown here. It's quite refreshing compared to many other boards that predominately attract people not on the spectrum.